Management Bruce Cassidy III

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I like Bruce, but at this point I'm not opposed to a move. Even good coaches have expiration dates, etc.

But honestly changing the coach would just be painting over mold with a new coat. The rot is still there and it's Don Sweeney's roster management that is the problem here, not Bruce.

Also, 99% sure that Bruce isn't the one making the call on whether Studnicka or Ahcan get in the lineup on a given night.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Who takes over?
Sacco with the other coaches retained.

The issue seems to be with Cassidy and not the other coaches.

Sacco assumes the head coaching role and you add an assistant coach on an interim basis until they can bring someone in during the off season.

He's been rumored to be a candidate for other vacancies in the last few years so I think he's earned a shot here.

Reactions: rocketdan9

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Sweeney and the analytics department probably give him the orders
I don’t think so, there’s been plenty of times where a guy gets called up and never sees the ice. Has happened to Steen and Studnicka this year, I believe those are Sweeney’s call ups that Bruce&co. doesn’t believe should dress.

There’s also nothing really analytically that favors say Kuhlman over Steen.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

Demon Eyes

Nov 29, 2014
Who takes over?
clodefish.jpg

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
He has been a good coach here, but yeah... the difference in effort during the west coast swing when he was gone speaks volumes. Every coach has a shelf life.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I hear you Ali, it could have been during the season sometime. Look it , the whole thing is ridiculous.. this is on Sweeney and Neely .
You're right, they also hired this ******* which is one of the worst things dumb and dumber have done.
Sweeney is awful, Neely enables him but Cassidy has been and always will be a ***** who likes non aggressive, passive hockey. He is also terrible at game management and much like his time in Washington is blaming others rather than himself for his team not being ready to compete.

Does this team take some blame? Absolutely. Sweeney has built a heartless one line , one good defenseman team with a bunch of JAGS that he overpaid in the offseason that looked terrible last night. If this was the first time this season they looked that bad it would be one thing and you could partially blame covid or the flu but they have had quite a few passionless, sleep walking games this year. That is on everybody but especially a coach who can't motivate or have them ready to play.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bodit9 and BAD BOY

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
so at what point do you hold your guy Sweeney accountable for letting this shit fester?

if Cassidy is allowed to run off Bergeron then that is an organizational failure

Unfortunately... this kind of seems like a running theme now that all the decisions are (not) bearing fruit.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
That's quite the revisionist take. Seguin thrived? Not sure about that one. He certainly didn't thrive in his rookie season, nor in the 2013 playoffs. Julien couldn't even be bothered to try him at his natural position for more than a handful of shifts. Tim Thomas is the #1 reason the Bruins won the Cup in 2011. I hope Julien sends him a nice Christmas card every year, because if not for Thomas' heroics, Claude Julien would not be a Stanley Cup winning coach. Julien costs the Bruins a Cup in 2013.

Speaking of revisionist

Number8

Oct 31, 2007

Not sure how accurate this is…

Greg Hill needs to come out with the details of his source, or at least put his guarantee on things as being legit because the source has legitimacy.

If not, just another reason why social media isn't publishing and should be largely ignored.

A story that carries this kind of implications is important enough to warrant more than 140 characters.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
I like Bruce, but at this point I'm not opposed to a move. Even good coaches have expiration dates, etc.

But honestly changing the coach would just be painting over mold with a new coat. The rot is still there and it's Don Sweeney's roster management that is the problem here, not Bruce.

Also, 99% sure that Bruce isn't the one making the call on whether Studnicka or Ahcan get in the lineup on a given night.
I used to think the same about Julien when he was fired. However, Cassidy proved I was wrong and he was a better coach for that roster. Maybe a new coach can get more out of this team, I am not convinced, but I am not ruling it out either.

I don't think the Bruins are a bad team, but they are not elite anymore and boring to watch. Too many soft defencemen and scoring depth hasn't worked out.

Also LOL at the stupid notion Bergeron would retire because of the coach. Even if that was the case, which it certainly isn't, I am sure Bergeron has built up enough good will in the front office to have influence in a coaching change.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Greg Hill needs to come out with the details of his source, or at least put his guarantee on things as being legit because the source has legitimacy.

If not, just another reason why social media isn't publishing and should be largely ignored.

A story that carries this kind of implications is important enough to warrant more than 140 characters.
It’s telling that no other outlet in Boston or in hockey has picked this up. It reeks as a desperate attempt for listeners. Also, Bruce hasn’t been around for 10 days. When did this allegedly happen?

Reactions: Number8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad