NFL: Browns-Steelers suspensions announced

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Freddie Kitchens is letting the inmates run the asylum over in Cleveland. What an awful hire. Guy is completely clueless and has no control over his team. This hillbilly redneck is better suited going goose hunting in Mississippi than coaching an NFL team.
NFL needs to step in and remove ownership. Only way anything will ever change in Cleveland

JustJokinenAround

just a goofball
Feb 5, 2018
a local rink
they finally got something right. garrett deserves the rest of this season off and even all of next season i wouldn't mind it. i expected pouncey to get 2 games but i can't go crazy over one game.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
God, I just watched a video of this incident on ESPN with the Cleveland feed. My God that was f***ing embarrassing. They said nothing about what Garrett did, only Pounce for jumping on Garrett.
I hope Rudolph presses charges, that was way, way over the line.
The suspensions were fine. Garrett should be suspended into next season as well. I cant blame Pouncey. Yeah he overreacted but he had to do that.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
That’s likely something they review as well but not on their immediate to do list at the moment. Have a lot of time to review and hand out any discipline or fine.

Pouncey getting 3 games will ensure Garrett is done for the year. Expect Pouncey to appeal.

expected Pouncey to just get 1 game but given that they gave the other Browns player 1 game for shoving a helmet less Rudolph to the ground Pouncey had to get more than that.

he may appeal but no way the league allows Pouncey to play against Cleveland in 2 weeks.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Maybe, but the PA also has to look out for the best interests of the guy who just had a football helmet swung at his head. It could put them in a really awkward situation with the Steelers and other players in the league if they advocate for too much leniency to Garrett.
The PA's interest here is in limiting the league's ability to fine and suspend players beyond powers stated in the CBA.

Reactions: b1e9a8r5s

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The talk of Garrett being out next season is ridiculous. yes what he did is awful, but I'd be shocked if he got more than 2-4 games.

Boeser Fan

Jun 23, 2018
I kind of think the PA will fight the idea of an indefinite suspension.
Yes but the 2011 CBA is so favourable to the Shield an appeal victory with be very tough. Not to mention it was such an egregious act with international outcry even in a fair CBA a double digit game suspension is justifiable.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
I thought it was go to be much worse by the way people talked about it

childs play compared to what Bertuzzi did to Moore

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
I thought it was go to be much worse by the way people talked about it

childs play compared to what Bertuzzi did to Moore
It could of very easily been that; if you pause the video at the point of impact you see Rodulph's head and neck compress. He's lucky he hit him with the bottom of the helmet instead of the crown.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Actually Garrett started it when he took Rudolph down to ground long after ball was gone

And Garrett is one who escalated things from a 15 yd flag to assault with a weapon which has resulted in an (Indef) suspension

Reactions: Preds Partisan

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
The counter-narrative hit job on Mason Rudolph I find absolutely ridiculous. Normally I'd never watch these shows, but I flipped over to ESPN to see Max Kellerman quacking like a moron about how actually Rudolph is responsible for all this.

Garrett got exactly what he deserves.

Kellerman use to sport where dudes hit each other in the head so no surprise there

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Actually Garrett started it when he took Rudolph down to ground long after ball was gone

And Garrett is one who escalated things from a 15 yd flag to assault with a weapon which has resulted in an (Indef) suspension
Tackling a QB a couple of seconds late happens every game. That’s not starting anything. It probably wasn’t even going to be flagged for roughing the passer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad