NFL: Browns-Steelers suspensions announced

Tvillewr419

May 17, 2019
Quick to get ahead of the media outcry that’s coming. I’ll agree with the posters above, I think these all seem fair and I also see Garrett spilling into next year, 6 just isn’t enough. As for pouncey #2minutes?well worth it or 3 games whatever, no issue with him losing it in defense of what he just witnessed

Reactions: CDJ

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
This is the first proper/legitimate suspension from Rog in a while.

I think at max Garrett will get 2 games next season once this dies down.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Faster then I expected... Still stand by my 8 (+) for Garrett. But they are taking this seriously.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I hope this "rest of the year and we'll see later" thing is not a way of only giving him 6 and then re-instating him.

I think he deserves more than the rest of the season. He could have KILLED the guy. It was a very dangerous and stupid action. I repeat, he could have KILLED the guy! A guy as strong as Garrett swinging a football helmet at someone's head could have had disastrous consequences.

He needs to be made an example of.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Quick to get ahead of the media outcry that’s coming. I’ll agree with the posters above, I think these all seem fair and I also see Garrett spilling into next year, 6 just isn’t enough. As for pouncey #2minutes?well worth it or 3 games whatever, no issue with him losing it in defense of what he just witnessed
I kind of think the PA will fight the idea of an indefinite suspension.

Tvillewr419

May 17, 2019
I don’t disagree, I think they just left it open ended for now, they will put an exact number on it. 6 isn’t enough, one game more than Haynesworth in today’s day and age isn’t gunna cut it. This is worse for the leagues image than any no name PED violation and those get 4. Those don’t make national news, this will be touched on by all of them if they aren’t already

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Why has the brutal helmet to helmet hit not resulted in additional Brown suspension?
That’s likely something they review as well but not on their immediate to do list at the moment. Have a lot of time to review and hand out any discipline or fine.

Pouncey getting 3 games will ensure Garrett is done for the year. Expect Pouncey to appeal.

expected Pouncey to just get 1 game but given that they gave the other Browns player 1 game for shoving a helmet less Rudolph to the ground Pouncey had to get more than that.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Why has the brutal helmet to helmet hit not resulted in additional Brown suspension?
I believe most fines and suspensions don't get announced until midweek after all games have been played. I think they'll look at that as part of the normal course of game review for us to hear more next week on it.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Maybe, but the PA also has to look out for the best interests of the guy who just had a football helmet swung at his head. It could put them in a really awkward situation with the Steelers and other players in the league if they advocate for too much leniency to Garrett.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The NFL handled this well. By suspending him indefinitely, they leave it up suspending longer if they feel necessary and I don't think they need to be in a rush or worry about it right now.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Now that's going too far.
Why? Considering all the shit you see with head injuries in the NFL and the fact that he's already racked up multiple fines, this is a perfect time to do something like this. He's proven he has zero control and is a danger to others if he steps on the field again. A lot of times with severe suspensions like this it's a quick decision where people lose control in like the blink of an eye, but this was a long, drawn out thing where he had to pry his helmet off and free himself up enough to swing it at him. He's completely subhuman for doing something like this, this is something that should go beyond the confines of NFL discipline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad