Signing(s): Browns hire Vikings OC Kevin Stefanski as head coach

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
If he's a good coach who can get the most out of his QB, then that's an easy yes.
Is that what they think Stefanski has done? While Cousins has played decent for the most part in Minnesoata, I wouldn't say he exceeded expectations by any means. The bar was set with Keenum in 2017 when he also had Diggs/Thielen/Cook, and the offense wasn't remarkably better the last 2 years.

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain

This explains a lot. No chance they were getting a elite/veteran coach with stipulations such as this. :facepalm:

Browns gonna Browns

So if Haslam doesn't like the game plan when he receives it on Friday, is he going to force Stefanski to change it up last minute essentially erasing what the team as practiced all week?

Browns aren't winning more than 5-6 games next year...

Reactions: Voight

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Is that what they think Stefanski has done? While Cousins has played decent for the most part in Minnesoata, I wouldn't say he exceeded expectations by any means. The bar was set with Keenum in 2017 when he also had Diggs/Thielen/Cook, and the offense wasn't remarkably better the last 2 years.
I mean, not to sound like a Stefanski defender on day one, but it's not like he had anything to do with the Vikings signing Cousins. Also, Cousins had his best season under Stefanski.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
For Stefanski's sake I hope some of this stuff with Haslam isn't true. Coaching that team and some of those personalities is going to be tough enough for a first year guy so don't make him do a bunch of pointless (IMO) things on top of that just to make the owner happy. Having someone from the analytics department in the headset might sound crazy but I believe the Ravens actually do something similar to help Harbaugh with certain decisions. Still, just let Stefanski coach and he'll probably be fine.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If it is true, that’s why they couldn’t get one of the flashier names. People were floating Urban Meyer out there, don’t know if that was ever serious but those types of guys, who they’d have to convince to come to them, aren’t going to put up with that stuff. Remember Matt Rhule declined them.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
If it is true, that’s why they couldn’t get one of the flashier names. People were floating Urban Meyer out there, don’t know if that was ever serious but those types of guys, who they’d have to convince to come to them, aren’t going to put up with that stuff. Remember Matt Rhule declined them.
I kind of wonder if Rhule set a price point that put him out of the running with a couple of places.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
Stefanski looks like the game controller in the Hunger Games.

Inside-Fashion-Beauty-Hunger-Games.png

5c1fef63bee70.image.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad