Brown

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site
At what point can we start calling Brown on his play? He's been terrible. He's not hitting, he's not working around the net, he's just not giving us an effort. I'm not even talking about the fact that he has been an anchor on every line he's been on. I can deal with the lack of scoring. I can't deal with him not doing the little things or not giving all that he's given in the past.

He got paid and that makes his poor play even worse.

Kingjordan

Jun 29, 2008
At what point can we start calling Brown on his play? He's been terrible. He's not hitting, he's not working around the net, he's just not giving us an effort. I'm not even talking about the fact that he has been an anchor on every line he's been on. I can deal with the lack of scoring. I can't deal with him not doing the little things or not giving all that he's given in the past.

Agree 100%

I am sorry for saying this but Richards should be wearing the C

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010

Every year this thread pops up....EVERY YEAR guys.

You have to accept Brown for what he is, a streaky winger that is going to suck some months.

Then he is going to have months were, he hits everything, every puck goes in the net ETC ETC.

It just like Kopitar's December/Jan hibernation.

Brown will get his 20+ G and 40+ points and 300+ hits...Just like he has for the last Six years.

His game sucks right now (probably due to injury), but he will have a couple months of lights out play.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Agree 100%

The C doesn't mean the best player on the ice. Richards is a great influence, and loves his role. I doubt he would want it at the expense of Brown losing it. Brown commands the respect of the locker room no matter what fans have to say about his recent play. As long as Brown is a King, he'll wear the C. No way that changes.

Brown has struggled, and probably shouldn't be on the top 6, but he'll rebound and isn't our biggest concern at the moment.

KingKopitar11*

I was at the game today and he was absolutely wrecking people.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
The C doesn't mean the best player on the ice. Richards is a great influence, and loves his role. I doubt he would want it at the expense of Brown losing it. Brown commands the respect of the locker room no matter what fans have to say about his recent play. As long as Brown is a King, he'll wear the C. No way that changes.

Yeah, Richards would never accept the C like that. He has too much respect for Brown. No need to create a problem that isn't there.

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
At what point do Kings Fans just accept a great win and be friggin HAPPY and not COMPLAIN just for the sake of having SOMETHING to complain about. GO GET DRUNK!
Enjoy the win ... worry about Brownie (what Black1963 just said !) :shakehead:

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
If you give Richards the C it's going to create friction. I am not a big fan of Brown's anyway as I can't stand him falling all over the place but he's been terrible this year.

Quattro

Aug 5, 2005

Agree 100%

agreed, brown playing like garbage...

At what point do Kings Fans just accept a great win and be friggin HAPPY and not COMPLAIN just for the sake of having SOMETHING to complain about. GO GET DRUNK!
Enjoy the win ... worry about Brownie (what Black1963 just said !) :shakehead:

Thank you. I swear this place sometimes :shakehead

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
Oh ... lastly, might I just say ....

los_angeles_kings_captaan_dustin_brown_hoists_the__4fd6bbe59b.JPG

... and now shut the hell up ! ;)

Brown is the first KINGS CAPTAIN to LIFT a CUP, he'll be captain until he retires or leaves the Kings in a trade IMO, so get used to seeing him with the C. ;)

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
I still think he's hurting. Hopefully he starts feeling better and then he can get back to being himself.

KingKopitar11*

I still think he's hurting. Hopefully he starts feeling better and then he can get back to being himself.

Exactly, it's hard to be a player like him. The abuse he gets every game is crazy

HolyShot*

I think when you say anchor you're really trying to say that Brown's dragging every line down that he's on.

Brown just lacks talent and it's plain to see. I've been saying this since 2008. He simply doesn't have the hockey IQ or talent to be a top six player. I will say that he's stronger than an ox and would make a great third line player. When he wants to, he crashes the net hard and hits hard. This is how he has to play if he's going to stay on the Kings. I think Sutter sees Brown's ineffectiveness, but keeps him on the top line because he's basically told to do so by DL.

Brown can be one hell of a player when he chooses to be. It's almost like he won't realize what he can do unless he becomes a masochist and somebody repeatedly yells in his face saying, "you're a ****ing nobody, you got it!?!?" I fear that's the only way that he'll learn his place.

I love the guy though and think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Hell, he won us a cup. What more can you ask for?

devilinto

Jan 13, 2006
Talkin **** about brown is crazy. Guy gives it his all for the kings.
We r lucky to have a captain like him.

KingKopitar11*

When Kopitar was going through his emo phase last year, did you guys not remember brown carrying the first line with Williams? Dude has a brace on. Give me a break. What more do you want from a winger?

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
So let me get this straight.

Brown has to rehab a knee injury over a fairly short offseason. He injures his hamstring and misses almost all of training camp, yet still comes back and has earned 7 points in 17 games and leads all forwards in +/- despite playing a lot on the third line with 2 guys with a combined 4 points. Yet we see remarks like:

"He's not hitting" - despite leading the Kings in hits and sitting at #12 in the NHL in that category. That's not hitting?

"XXXXX should have the C" - despite elevating his game at the trade deadline a couple seasons ago and showing this team exactly what needs to be done to win, then leading his team to a Stanley Cup. Brown was an alternate for the 2010 Olympic team FFS, and you can bet he's up for the captaincy in 2014. Richards is a great leader, but let's get serious here.

"Brown lacks talent" - :facepalm:

This thread is so full of /sigh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad