Confirmed with Link: Brown, Prosser placed on waivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Prosser is cheaper to keep in the minors than Bitetto as well. Both carry the same cap hit.

Also even if the players are pissed, what are they going to do? Quit on the team.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
You guys need to try and see the big picture here.

That Fenton is making sure that players knows they are players and he is GM. And his job is to put together the best team he can. And this team has been inconsistent and underachieving.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
That Fenton is making sure that players knows they are players and he is GM. And his job is to put together the best team he can. And this team has been inconsistent and underachieving.

The players GMPF brought in this year haven't been the ones underachieving. All he did to start the season was play musical chairs with the bottom of the roster (3 x 4th line/pressbox FWDs and 1 x 3rd pair d-man), the top is the same as last year.

Reactions: Bazeek

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
The players GMPF brought in this year haven't been the ones underachieving. All he did to start the season was play musical chairs with the bottom of the roster (3 x 4th line/pressbox FWDs and 1 x 3rd pair d-man), the top is the same as last year.

The bottom of the roster has always been an issue; Fetcher had a lot of trouble finding good players playing for the 3rd/4th line and 3rd pairing defensemen. But he's making sure the players know that he's in charge, not them.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
The bottom of the roster has always been an issue; Fetcher had a lot of trouble finding good players playing for the 3rd/4th line and 3rd pairing defensemen. But he's making sure the players know that he's in charge, not them.

The bottom of the roster was fine this year. There wasn't much to complain about with the Fehr/Foligno 4th line/PK and the Seeler/Pateryn 3rd pair. JEE was the one bottom-6 FWD that didn't work out.

How is he making sure the players know he's in charge?
-He signed Dumba/Zucker to fair market deals.
-He traded away an under-performing player from a position of team depth for a different under-performing player that filled a team need.
-He sent a pressbox d-man through waivers and kept a different pressbox d-man.
-The Hunt trade was a Hail Mary to try and get something from the PP, similar to the Dub trade a few years ago when they needed a goalie.
-Trading for Aberg (fringe NHLer) by spending an AHLer that he might not even re-sign this off-season.
-Before these recent moves he was about as hands off of the team as possible. He gave them half a season before doing much of anything at the NHL level.
-I call these things just doing his job as a GM.

If he wanted to "assert his athor-it-i" letters would be stripped and/or someone important like Spurgeon or Granny would be the ones traded.

Reactions: 57special

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think the problem has been with the top 6 and it's mediocre production, not the bottom six. The D have been more than good enough, when healthy, though it is worrying to see a total lack of potential top4 Dmen in the system. Reilly and Olofsson were the last two who we thought had a chance to be top 4 guys. Don't think anyone thinks that of any of our prospects with the possible exception of Belpedio have even middle pairing potential.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I think the problem has been with the top 6 and it's mediocre production, not the bottom six. The D have been more than good enough, when healthy, though it is worrying to see a total lack of potential top4 Dmen in the system. Reilly and Olofsson were the last two who we thought had a chance to be top 4 guys. Don't think anyone thinks that of any of our prospects with the possible exception of Belpedio have even middle pairing potential.

I'm somewhat interested in Swaney as a d-prospect. Maybe one of the Johanssons?

P10p

May 15, 2012
I'm somewhat interested in Swaney as a d-prospect. Maybe one of the Johanssons?

Wow Swaney was an afterthought for me but judging just based on stats he looks like hes been at least an offensive force from the backend at every level thus far. Impressive stat line this year. I'm sure alot of you see him alot. Anyone have a scouting report on him?

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
The bottom of the roster was fine this year. There wasn't much to complain about with the Fehr/Foligno 4th line/PK and the Seeler/Pateryn 3rd pair. JEE was the one bottom-6 FWD that didn't work out.

I said Fletcher, not Fenton has had trouble with bottom 6 players. This year has been fine. They have been pretty good actually.

How is he making sure the players know he's in charge?
-He signed Dumba/Zucker to fair market deals.
-He traded away an under-performing player from a position of team depth for a different under-performing player that filled a team need.
-He sent a pressbox d-man through waivers and kept a different pressbox d-man.
-The Hunt trade was a Hail Mary to try and get something from the PP, similar to the Dub trade a few years ago when they needed a goalie.
-Trading for Aberg (fringe NHLer) by spending an AHLer that he might not even re-sign this off-season.
-Before these recent moves he was about as hands off of the team as possible. He gave them half a season before doing much of anything at the NHL level.
-I call these things just doing his job as a GM.

- He didn't overpay for Dumba or Zucker. I'd say that Dumba is slightly underpaid for 6 million instead of 6.5 million or 7 million as he is a top scoring defensemen. Zucker is a bit heavier, but still a decent contract.
- He traded away a locker room favorite while bringing in his guys.
- See above; he waived Prosser who is a locker room favorite in order for his guy.
- The Hunt trade was a wash
- Trading again for his guy and for a fan favorite (who is a Minnesota player)

I'd say he is putting his stamp on that he's the GM and his job is improving the team. Not playing favorites or guys popular in the locker room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad