Recalled/Assigned: Brossoit up and Nilsson down (update: Brossoit down and Nilsson up)

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Good move.

Allows Brossoit to get a chance, allows Nilsson to gain confidence back.

Oilers couldn't outright deal Nilsson yet because Laurikainen isn't ready to be an AHL starter.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Great news. I was at LBs first (and only) NHL game last year, and let me tell you he was amazing live. Simply incredible and faced 50+ shots. I dont expect him to play as well as that in any of his games, but itll be good for him to get 2-3 games of experience

I think he is the goalie of the future. Hes raved about at the AHL level and just seems to have protypical NHL goalie build/style

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Hes probaly2 years away from taking over. But some games this season, 5-15 next year and maybe 30 season after

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Hopefully Schultz isn't around to spoil his 1st game 1st shutout history in the making again

McDeathbyCheerios*

Brossoit faces 33 shots per appearance on average in the AHL this year.

He's used to getting peppered.
On a team where we have brought up most of their good players.

His first start here he almost single handidly beat the Kings.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
If he gets shelled I don't think that would be so bad. Drai had a rough time last season and it pushed him to work even harder on his game.

Brossoit looked really good in his game with us last season, and I doubt we would play worse than we did in that game. We gave zero support to Brossoit in that game and he still got the win, and almost a shutout

McDeathbyCheerios*

If he gets shelled I don't think that would be so bad. Drai had a rough time last season and it pushed him to work even harder on his game.

Brossoit looked really good in his game with us last season, and I doubt we would play worse than we did in that game. We gave zero support to Brossoit in that game and he still got the win, and almost a shutout
It didn't even look like a phenomenal game for Brossoit and didn't look like he was struggling. He calmly made saves and was poised.

He has the capabilities to be an extraordinary goalie.

Wasn't he an ahl all star this year? Yes i know Hunt was too but it's more impressive for goalies.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
It didn't even look like a phenomenal game for Brossoit and didn't look like he was struggling. He calmly made saves and was poised.

He has the capabilities to be an extraordinary goalie.

Wasn't he an ahl all star this year? Yes i know Hunt was too but it's more impressive for goalies.

Edmonton needs an emotional injection, too, and teams rarely come together and battle harder than they do for a young goalie looking for his first win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad