Post-Game Talk: broons vs Caps 7:09. .GIF EDITON

Status
Not open for further replies.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Orlov still has top 4 potential. Good news.
Yes! I was concerned about basically a year layoff, but he is getting pretty close to pre-injury form. Just a big fan of his play style. High ends skills but a physical player.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Yes! I was concerned about basically a year layoff, but he is getting pretty close to pre-injury form. Just a big fan of his play style. High ends skills but a physical player.

It's a rare and exciting mix. Love the kid. I just want him healthy always so he can continue to blossom.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
If he and 88 were only inches taller, but yeah.
Huh… Just noticed they were both listed at 6'0". Been awhile since I've seen Orlov in person, but I do not remember him being Schmidt height at all. Usually get an extra inch or two, but I could have swore Schmidt was shorter.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
They always round up. Always. A lot, as needed. 5'10 sounds about right. Orlov walked passed me at Kettler many moons ago. I think at the time he was no more than 5'10" if not less.

Xaroc

Aug 3, 2005
Orpik and Carlson were actually pretty bad in periods one and two. Overall they were out attempted while on ice badly and scoring chances for the game for those two were 5/4 for and TWELVE against. Only two against in the 3rd period so they cleaned it up but damn 10 scoring chances against the rest of the game is not good from our top D pair. They were brutal against the Rags too so hoping we aren't seeing a trend.

I will take the win obviously but I think they need to think about how they are deploying 44-74.

Bure

Jan 3, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
Carlson is fine but on numerous occasions failed to make a simple outlet break out pass on the pp. He'll be better. Just sloppy last game that's all.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
If so they need to cut his minutes back and not try to ride him for 20+ a game.

Probably just a strength thing. You ride your top players in pro sports, I don't see them cutting his ice time. 3rd pair with more games like last night will help them all.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Stars at 80% are often as good or better than the alternatives at 100%. And you rarely try to hide such dinged players by demoting them because it puts a target on their back. So you let them play their way back.

We won this game, right? Beat the hottest team in the league pretty soundly?

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
Starting to? This has been going on since day one on these boards IMO...

seems worse than the general complaints....i mean saying the Carlson cant make a good PP pass and the team misses 52? thats bad....and although hardly perfect Carlson has proven he can play that role and is currently leading the team in PP points

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
seems worse than the general complaints....i mean saying the Carlson cant make a good PP pass and the team misses 52? thats bad....and although hardly perfect Carlson has proven he can play that role and is currently leading the team in PP points

I wouldn't blame Carlson. Its easy to blame him if you are just looking at the surface, but the facts are that the pk's this year have decided that Ov isn't going to score on the pp. Make the rest beat them.

What Carlson does doesn't matter to the pk. they have 8's options blocked off.

But....we are 12 games in to the season and Ovechkin has 0ppg's and 1 ppp. Caps are tied for 6th on the pp.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
if you are even close to serious the hate you have for this player has skewed your thinking, badly

My post was in response to someone saying he finally scored. Yes he had good position in front of the net and yes it went in the net and counted. And yes I'm happy anytime the caps score. But he still hasn't used any offensive skill to score a goal, and he still has showed me nothing so far this season that he is turning a corner and at some point might be even remotely helpful offensively. I'm not expecting him to completely earn his contract, he is beyond that. But I want to see something. Some ability to put the puck on net, make a nice pass, do something. He signed the contract and is now not living up to it. I'm not going to now give him some breathing room because a puck happened to go off his shin.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
I wouldn't blame Carlson. Its easy to blame him if you are just looking at the surface, but the facts are that the pk's this year have decided that Ov isn't going to score on the pp. Make the rest beat them.

What Carlson does doesn't matter to the pk. they have 8's options blocked off.

But....we are 12 games in to the season and Ovechkin has 0ppg's and 1 ppp. Caps are tied for 6th on the pp.

Hey, what do you think of Orlov this year?

IIRC, you were concerned about losing Mike Green, especially in light of Orlov's very uncertain injury recovery..?

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I am absolutely not pining for Green, but it's hard to ignore how few PP shots Ovie's gotten so far. To these eyes this is largely due to too few pucks arriving in his wheelhouse. That was Green's job. Now it's Carlson's, and I don't think he's doing it well enough yet.

That said, 74 is doing his PP shooting job pretty well, so there's that. But losing the automatic Ovie PP goal is not a good thing, so they need that sorted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad