GDT: broons versus hooricanes

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Maybe there is some magic in this group after all. They would have lost this game last year 3-0.

Seriously!

Second game of a back to back, where the first game was on the road, after a 5-day layoff and right before a holiday break? And you go down 2-0 early? This had 4-0 or 5-0 written all over it.

RibFrabcus

Bevy of Humanity
Aug 28, 2015
Triad, NC
Seriously!

Second game of a back to back, where the first game was on the road, after a 5-day layoff and right before a holiday break? And you go down 2-0 early? This had 4-0 or 5-0 written all over it.

Credit to ward for being pretty good in the first two periods.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Ward turning back into a real live NHL goalie has been such a huge help. He was rock solid in this game

I'm sure hoping Ward can have a back half of his career like Tim Thomas did. I think we are seeing what Wardo could of been if we hadn't constantly iced one of the worst defenses in the league for 7-8 straight seasons.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
37 points in 33 games projects to about 92 points at season's end.

But if you take out October, which can be argued as not really being representative of the way the team has played overall, and assume we play the rest of the season roughly about as good as we have since the start of November (31 points in the last 25 games, so a 1.24 point per game pace) we end up with 97 or 98 points (depending on whether you want to round it down or up).

I mean, that's pretty damn good, right? I don't see any reason this team right now could not continue playing at that pace. Especially considering the schedule is very home-friendly, owing to all the road games early in the season.

If this team doesn't make the playoffs with 97 or 98 points, that's frustrating as hell, but that's still a really good season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad