Brooks Laich retires

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
dude was a consummate professional with the kings, there were several stories in just that short tenure of him taking skates in a tshirt and shorts with recovering injured players and sticking around for all the extra work that anyone on the team asked for. incredibly well-spoken and a nice guy to boot. no doubt he's gonna find success in coaching or front office roles if that's the route he chooses to take.

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
Such a great guy. Absolutely love following him on Instagram for his positivity and motivation. I kind of wondered if this was going to happen as he has quite an active role/involved with fans for side projects on insta for a hockey player.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
What a ****ty thing to say... By all accounts he was a good pro. He played 13 seasons in the league. He can hang them up with pride.

Laich's last season as an NHL'er was '11-'12. After that 300 games, 68 points while making 4.5 per season for five years. Probably some of the least value for the money in that time.

Not his fault the Caps gave him that contract but after he got paid, he did NOTHING, and was always hurt.

And of course I don't know him but he always came off as pretentious to me, especially on social media. But I know, I know, he changed a tire once.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad