GDT: Bronze Medal Game | Finland vs Russia | 1/5 @ 5PM ET | TSN/NHLN

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I can't get over this NA mentality. How long do you think they have to be sorry for themselves? They lost to a good team, life goes on. They had a task at hand today and they won, they are supposed to NOT celebrate? To some of those guys, this can be literally the biggest thing they win in their hockey careers.
Yep: the Finns lacked the insane high end depth of Canada and Us: they had one forward drafted in the first round playing and he did a lot by himself! Given the historically strong teams for US and Canada, they killed it!

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
congrats to the finns for bouncing back after that nut punch with one minute left vs the yanks. most teams would've folded in a 3rd place game. They played well
They had a game to still be up for.............Russia. the opponent they were facing made the difference.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Levi

Byram-Heinola

Lundell-Cozens-Zegras

Jonas (SVT expert) all stars in this tournament, quite precise in my opinion.

Stutzles Germany got knocked out too early. Lundell and Heinola has been true MVP´s and carried a team on their shoulders more than any other players and their team won the bronze. Says it all really. Canada is just stacked. Loosing Dach and still dominating is a proof of this. Byram-Niemelä-Drysdale-Heinola is close but I do think Heinola deserves his spot.

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
Damn I hate the phrase "wanted it more". That is just total bs. It just takes the credit away from the better team.

Everybody wants to win. Usually better team wins.

that’s just the excuse sore losers always give. Never forget how ungracious US fans sounded when they got thrashed 5-0 by, once again Finland, in 2014. “They didn’t even want it”.

Congrats to Finland, tournament well played. Had the stars aligned they’d deservedly be in the final tonight.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Levi

Byram-Heinola

Lundell-Cozens-Zegras

Jonas (SVT expert) all stars in this tournament, quite precise in my opinion.

Stutzles Germany got knocked out too early. Lundell and Heinola has been true MVP´s and carried a team on their shoulders more than any other players and their team won the bronze. Says it all really. Canada is just stacked. Loosing Dach and still dominating is a proof of this. Byram-Niemelä-Drysdale-Heinola is close but I do think Heinola deserves his spot.
Is it voter on pre or post game?

• I agree although I could see Knight being the goalie if Team USA because of him

Reactions: Svedu

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
WOOOO YEAH BABY YEAH!!!! The ultimate comeback team, makes another comeback. Not suprised. Best European team in the tournament. This team deserved this victory and bronze medal.

Now we party! Open the Koskenkorva bottles and rip the house. Kendo anthem, spin that shit!

Arhidia

Jan 6, 2019
I can't get over this NA mentality. How long do you think they have to be sorry for themselves? They lost to a good team, life goes on. They had a task at hand today and they won, they are supposed to NOT celebrate? To some of those guys, this can be literally the biggest thing they win in their hockey careers.
Yea i dont think a US or canadian team be
Thrilled like that for bronze.
And i doubt they would toss a silver in the stands

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia