GDT: Bronze Medal Game • Sweden 2, United States 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antraxh

Jan 5, 2009
The swedish doesnt seem mad enough over the loss. I remember Forsbergs rage after a final loss in the early 90s. Breaking his stick over his knee, threatning the ref with a beating on tv after the game. Thats the way to take a loss.

UvBnDatsyuked

Apr 30, 2005
The swedish doesnt seem mad enough over the loss. I remember Forsbergs rage after a final loss in the early 90s. Breaking his stick over his knee, threatning the ref with a beating on tv after the game. Thats the way to take a loss.

Agree with bolded. I think that was from a Swedish provincial type tournament when he was 17. More so he was mad at the refs though. Hatred of losing is such an underrated trait.

Not sure though that I would hold the Swedes not being all pissed off against them though in this instance

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009

For the record, he was playing for Modo when that happened.

The rest - :facepalm:

"The ability to win with dignity is surpassed only by your ability to lose with it."
- fly4apuckguy

inoajd

Dec 11, 2010
Landeskog, J. Larsson, Erixon are Sweden's Top 3 players for the tournament.

I like J. Larsson. He has some snarl.

USA Top 3 Players: Coyle, Merrill, Campbell.

I would have chosen Faulk or Dumoulin over Merrill. Merrill had a great game today though. Coyle and Campbell were obvious.

Landeskog played what, 1 game?

Erixon was completely worthless in the last 2 games so no way.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Landeskog, J. Larsson, Erixon are Sweden's Top 3 players for the tournament.

I like J. Larsson. He has some snarl.

USA Top 3 Players: Coyle, Merrill, Campbell.

I would have chosen Faulk or Dumoulin over Merrill. Merrill had a great game today though. Coyle and Campbell were obvious.
I do have a favoring interest in Merrill but I felt having Ramage on his pair really hurt him. Ramage played horrible this tournament. He really needs to understand the concept of taking the man going to the net. He blindly fires the puck at the net or along the boards.

Faulk didn't play his best today. Dumoulin impressed the hell out of me. He looks like a safer slightly less talented version of Merrill, he may even be a better skater then him.

Antraxh

Jan 5, 2009
The Russia game was the only bad game really, today we simply lost against a better team. Remember that before the tournament this was about where we thought we would get.

I disagree, not that we perhaps not were the better team. But we didnt play to pur potential in this game either.

BobDobolina

Jan 11, 2010
NYC

Lol and HFboards would explode *****ing and crying how classless the Swedes are :laugh:

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
Kinda glad the USA was able to get a medal as the host nation. Sweden had a pretty solid team this year but seemed to peak a bit early, no shame in 4th place.

Last edited by a moderator:

inoajd

Dec 11, 2010
I don't think Erixon was THAT bad. Nemeth though .... yikes.

Erixon was slightly better than Nemeth sure, but he was nowhere near how he was in the first 4-5 games.

Styrman and Larsson were the only consistent D. To think people didn't want Styrman on the roster, he wasn't on the ice a single ES goal against as far as I know. :laugh:

Antraxh

Jan 5, 2009
For the record, he was playing for Modo when that happened.

The rest - :facepalm:

"The ability to win with dignity is surpassed only by your ability to lose with it."
- fly4apuckguy

For the record, i was watching.
Beside, the actions are not important. Its the passion, he just hate to loose.

"Cant type on this ****ing iPad."

SurMartin

Jul 26, 2010
København/Skellefteå

I think they were mad and disappointed after the loss against the russians... but I agree, only one who even looked like he had lost was A. Larsson..
We need more Foppas.

PaulieVegas

Apr 29, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
There were more Canadians at the game than Americans...lets just face it, Canada is the only country that cares about this tournament.

Which is pretty sad, because it's a great tournament. I was embarassed as an American to see our boys playing in front of a pro-Canada crowd on American soil. And in 2007 when the tournament was in Sweden, only 5,300 people showed up for the Sweden-Russia semifinal and only 3,600 for the Sweden-USA bronze medal game. It really is true that Canada is the only country that truly cares about this event.

Perhaps the solution is to stop touting hockey as "your sport." Then maybe other countries won't feel excluded, "eh?" :nod:

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
Agree with bolded. I think that was from a Swedish provincial type tournament when he was 17. More so he was mad at the refs though. Hatred of losing is such an underrated trait.

Not sure though that I would hold the Swedes not being all pissed off against them though in this instance

It was after losing the Elitserien finals in 1994, Foppa is really enraged with the ref and says that he'd like to punch him in the mouth. He then says that he can't think about playing in the World Championships later on, that he's just going home to take a shower. Video

Not his finest hour in my opinion.

Dosing

Sep 10, 2010
Edenryd

I think he was more upset with the fact that he lost to malmö xD

forzaa redhawks!!

Kiefer

Jun 28, 2004
Sweden
It was after losing the Elitserien finals in 1994, Foppa is really enraged with the ref and says that he'd like to punch him in the mouth. He then says that he can't think about playing in the World Championships later on, that he's just going home to take a shower. Video

Not his finest hour in my opinion.

It's kinda weird that people like that "episode" but other players that show emotion are often labeled as whiners. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad