GDT: Bronze Medal Game • Sweden 2, United States 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Thank goodness the event is back in Canada next year. I'm not sure I can take much more of the insipid criticism about tournaments hosted in the U.S. and elsewhere...

Crazyhorse

Sep 2, 2006
Gothenburg
Im in here late, but i want to congratulate the USA on the bronze. You played better and wanted it a little more then Sweden.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I didn't get a chance to see a lot of Sweden's games in this tourney so can anyone give me their opinion on how well Sebastian Wannstrom played throughout the tourney? I'd also be interested in hearing opinions on his play in the SEL/Allsvenskan/Superelit as well. Just looking at the stats, it looks like he was a solid contributer for Sweden in the WJC and is a big scorer in Jr hockey but isn't scoring at the pro level - playing few minutes in a 4th line role or more to it than that? Any insight on Wannstrom would be appreciated.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Great game Sweden. You guys played extremely well. Congrats to my US team.

Not really:cry:;)

It seemed like we were surprised at Usa:s...... (God I hate that, what is it - America or USA....or perhaps The US!?) Confusing.. It seemed like we were surprised when USA showed that kind of passing skills and speed, areas where Sweden have their strenghts. We only got it together in shorts stretches during the game. Having said that, USA was totally worthy of the win - they created a lot of chances.. So did we, but you had a damn Ninja between the pipes:D

Last edited:

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007
Go USA! was Sweden interested in this one? Was it a good game? I missed it, someone has to feed the fishes!

NiagaraGirl

Hockey Canada fan :)
Congrats to the Americans on winning the bronze.! I was very happy to see the Canadian fans in the arena throwing their support behind those kids and waving American flags for them and cheering them on. Hopefully it mind mend over some hurt feelings when they cheered for your opponents in other games, it was really a disguised compliment as they wouldn't do that if they didn't consider you a big rival and that is the biggest compliment of all after all! ;)

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
was Sweden interested in this one?

Yeah, Sweden tried but Campbell didn't let enough goals slip by to make the third period really interesting.

I didn't get a chance to see a lot of Sweden's games in this tourney so can anyone give me their opinion on how well Sebastian Wannstrom played throughout the tourney? I'd also be interested in hearing opinions on his play in the SEL/Allsvenskan/Superelit as well. Just looking at the stats, it looks like he was a solid contributer for Sweden in the WJC and is a big scorer in Jr hockey but isn't scoring at the pro level - playing few minutes in a 4th line role or more to it than that? Any insight on Wannstrom would be appreciated.

Certainly not the most noticable forward this year, but he put up points and didn't have any noticably bad games in my opinion. That's basically it for his play in Sweden, struggling to really find his place in Brynäs' lineup in Elitserien - like Rödin last season - but him having these issues six months after the draft is nothing to be concerned about. If he's at the same place developmentally at the end of next season, then it might be a problem.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Gratz to USA. I gotta say though, I couldn't have cared any less about this game, and I'm sure many Americans felt the same way.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Gratz to USA. I gotta say though, I couldn't have cared any less about this game, and I'm sure many Americans felt the same way.
I didn't even know when it was played, I just know it probably had been played. I read SEL tried pulling back some players before the tournament was finished, because of injuries at home and I thought "Meh, screw that game, if they don't care, I don't care."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad