Value of: Brodie to NJD

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Brodie for Palmieri seems like something to work around. Otherwise I don't see much that fits Calgary's needs.

Reactions: Owen Doty

BurnEmUp

Feb 27, 2009
What's with Schneider? A couple of off years?

Has Kinkaid taken over for him?

Brodie + Rittich or Gillies for Schneider + Noesen?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think that Brodie/Palmieri is interesting as a basis for a deal (probably even straight up). The catch for me is, then we'd have to find another top 4 defenseman to play on the left side (unless Peters will entertain using Michael Stone or Travis Hamonic on the left side).

Flamesjustwin

Oct 8, 2010
London ON
I think that Brodie/Palmieri is interesting as a basis for a deal (probably even straight up). The catch for me is, then we'd have to find another top 4 defenseman to play on the left side (unless Peters will entertain using Michael Stone or Travis Hamonic on the left side).

I would do that, fair for both teams and Peters isn't insistent on D men playing on their hand side so that makes room for a full time roster spot for Andersson.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Brodie has always been a tough one for me to figure out because he doesn't really shoot that often and some seasons his shot counts are pathetic.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
I think NJ would do that.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I wouldn't deal Palmieri. He's a big part of our offensive production and has been remarkably consistent since he came here. Not sure why many NJ fans have neglected him but his points per game this year were right in line with his last 2 seasons, just dealt with a number of nagging injuries. He's also a major player on our PP.

I've always liked Brodie but it seems like his game has dipped quite a bit ever since he started pairing with someone other than Giordano. Can any Flames fans confirm if that's the case?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Brodie has been pretty damn awful the last couple of years. I would not trade Palmieri for him.

The shocking decline of TJ Brodie

Paywall, but all the info is here
"by Kent Wilson" I urge anyone to stop there, the guy is a certifiable moron. Listening to Kent Wilson about anything is akin to trusting Eklund on trade rumors. I would trust a homeless man holing up a sign before anything that hack writes.

Brodie has not been "pretty damn bad", he's been a regular number 3 after playing over his head for a couple years with Giordano.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I wouldn't deal Palmieri. He's a big part of our offensive production and has been remarkably consistent since he came here. Not sure why many NJ fans have neglected him but his points per game this year were right in line with his last 2 seasons, just dealt with a number of nagging injuries. He's also a major player on our PP.

I've always liked Brodie but it seems like his game has dipped quite a bit ever since he started pairing with someone other than Giordano. Can any Flames fans confirm if that's the case?
Giordano makes others better, he is a certifiable perennial Norris candidate IMO. TJ Brodie is a #3 defenseman that played over his head when with Giordano. That "dip" is honestly no more than Brodie p[laying to his actual level, which is a #3 defensemen, but because so many Flames fans were convinced that Brodie was better than Giordano for some stupid reason they shit all over Brodie for "struggling". They ignore than for 75% of 2016-17 he had to carry the lifeless carcass of Dennis Wideman on the Flames second pairing, he was also playing for a coach that limited his offensive gifts. For the better part of 2017-18 once Hamonic and Brodie adjusted to playing together (mid-late November and on), Brodie played like a #3.

Reactions: MadDog172430

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA

NJ doesn’t do the deal, so you won’t have to worry about that.

Reactions: MadDog172430

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
"by Kent Wilson" I urge anyone to stop there, the guy is a certifiable moron. Listening to Kent Wilson about anything is akin to trusting Eklund on trade rumors. I would trust a homeless man holing up a sign before anything that hack writes.

Brodie has not been "pretty damn bad", he's been a regular number 3 after playing over his head for a couple years with Giordano.
Don't know who Kent Wilson is, but the Athletic is superb and he backs up his facts with figures. I'm inclined to believe the premise of his article

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Don't know who Kent Wilson is, but the Athletic is superb and he backs up his facts with figures. I'm inclined to believe the premise of his article
Brodie hasn't been all that good the past two years. So anyone trying to get him would likely be betting on a bounce back year. But at the same time Brodie at his peak would've cost a lot more than Palmieri, in 2015-2016 he was pretty much a top 20 D man.

The regression both hurts his value and is the only reason he is available.

Reactions: Karri Ramone

Owen Doty

Jan 1, 2018
Zacha and Bastian.
No way. Brodie's value isn't as high as it was in the past, but Zacha has lesser production than Sam Bennett, and Bastian was completely underwhelming in the AHL this year. HARD pass. If Brodie gets traded it's for a top six RW, like Palmieri

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad