Confirmed with Link: Brodeur elected to the HHoF

Dialamo

Fire Rogalski Hire Pepe
Jul 7, 2007
Montreal, QC, Canada
The biggest twist of 2018 for sure! Right above McDonalds using fresh beef for their quarter pounders.

Real talk: It's gonna be exciting to hear his induction speech. Looking forward to St. Louis and O'Ree's speeches too.

Reactions: My3Sons

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
11daa7054aba6eef1f7495fd6511186c.jpg

vecsey-articleLarge.jpg

201501271823662323218-p5.jpg

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I was in attendance in Landover, MD in the Fall of 1993 and was kind of surprised to see this rookie look so confident, so good.

Bought cheap seats but snuck down to a few rows off the glass defend side and lucked out, no one ever came to the seats.

I knew we had something with Martin that night but had no idea he would be instrumental to winning 3 Cups and be on his way to the most wins ever.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I was in attendance in Landover, MD in the Fall of 1993 and was kind of surprised to see this rookie look so confident, so good.

Bought cheap seats but snuck down to a few rows off the glass defend side and lucked out, no one ever came to the seats.

I knew we had something with Martin that night but had no idea he would be instrumental to winning 3 Cups and be on his way to the most wins ever.

I remember the first game I saw Marty in but don't remember who it was against. I remember saying a couple things:
1. "Why are you wandering to the corner? Stay in net! Who do you think you are, Ron Hextall???"
2. "Why do we need this guy? We have the most underrated goalie in the league in Chris Terreri".

Clearly, I'm not a good judge of young talent.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I remember seeing him play his first game and I posted on here he was going to be a star. I will see if I can find the post.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I honestly thought he was in already. I figured they waived the waiting period. Never understood why there even is a wait period. Once a guy retires he gets voted in or not. Which I don’t even understand there is a time limit ? Wow you weren’t good enough to get in 5x but the 6th time you are? What did you score another 200 goals when retired? Or just the hall class was that weak? That’s not something to be proud of.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I lost my virginity a few hours before his first career shutout. I wouldn't even remember that if he didn't get a shutout that night, his first of 125. His first of 149 shutouts actually. Regular season and playoffs combined.

It was always a cool and interesting connection that I had. If he hadn't ever been any good or just kind of flamed out like Corey Schwab and really had no career to speak of, I probably wouldn't have remembered that. It would have just been a guy having a shutout. Although at the time, I don't think the list of Devils goalies with a shutout was very long.

I was vocally not happy with his performance for a bit before he retired, but I was also not quite ready to say goodbye when he did retire.

So it was hard.

Reactions: StvBroDan

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
I started following hockey during the 2002 season, I think I was 14 at the time and Marty had already long been established. It wasn't until Brodeur retired that I truly realized how incredible his accomplishments were. His longevity alone could have gotten him into the Hall. Since he's been gone we've seen, Cory, Price, Anderson, or every other top goaltender in this league struggle with things that Marty did routinely. He had so many 40 win seasons I got used to it as normal. Now that he's gone I truly realize that we might never see another goalie like him that hummed along at his pace.

Congrats Marty.

Reactions: Bleedred

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad