Brodeur and Lidstrom

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Most comebacks I see in hockey have alot to do with the goalie keeping the team in the game when they are down a goal or two and making a comeback possible, you make it sound like they have nothing to do with it and are just bystanders.

It is really impossible to tell without watching each and every single one of those games.

Come from behind wins are about the goalie and the team though I dont think you can divorce the two of them. Both the skaters and the goalie needs to be sharp to do it.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Sorry you got that impression. However, going over my statement it appears to be a simple fact stated as such. Personally, I'd prefer the goalie that didn't put my team behind to the one that keeps me in the game after giving up the lead.

Well given that it worked well with the Devils that Brodeur was clutch late in the game and helped sparked many of the comebacks - and I know because I watched them all and that was the case for alot of them - I rather have my scenerio easily than yours.

I don't see how your statement is fact at all.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
It is really impossible to tell without watching each and every single one of those games.

Come from behind wins are about the goalie and the team though I dont think you can divorce the two of them. Both the skaters and the goalie needs to be sharp to do it.

It is unless you watched them and for the skaters and goalies to be sharp to do it that's exactly what I am saying.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Well given that it worked well with the Devils that Brodeur was clutch late in the game and helped sparked many of the comebacks - and I know because I watched them all and that was the case for alot of them - I rather have my scenerio easily than yours.

I don't see how your statement is fact at all.

So you'd rather have the goalie that keeps you in the game when your team is behind than the one who doesn't allow your team to get behind?

My statement was that the Devils had more come from behind wins than any other team last year. As someone who sees all their games you must realize it was a fact.
Unless Mike Emrick was just making things up.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
So you'd rather have the goalie that keeps you in the game when your team is behind than the one who doesn't allow your team to get behind?

No - I want the goalie who after lets in a few bad goals at the beginning of the game - like ALL goalies will do from time to time - will then shut the door down after that and give his team a chance to come back and win the game - something NOT all goalies do as well as Brodeur.
My statement was that the Devils had more come from behind wins than any other team last year. As someone who sees all their games you must realize it was a fact.
Unless Mike Emrick was just making things up.

meaning the team saved Brodeur more often than Canucks did Luongo.

This is what I was referring to, if you were talking about the Devils having the most comeback wins than I obviously agree.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad