Signing(s): Brock Osweiler and Lamar Miller to Houston

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
This notion that we didn't put up a fight to keep Brock is ridiculous. And wrong. $16 per and $50ish million guaranteed isn't a fight?

Not our fault he and his agent acted like ******** *****es and cut off communication after that offer.

Whered you get that 50 million number? That would have been worse than the haynseworth deal.

He really didn't though. Just because someone was stupid doesn't mean he had leverage. Its not like he really did anything on the field.

He did though. He had two teams bidding against eachother. Thats leverage.

Last edited:

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Whered you get that 50 million number? That would have been worse than the haynseworth deal.

He did though. He had two teams bidding against eachother. Thats leverage.

Because teams are stupid. I mean there's people saying pay Kirk Cousins because of 8 home games then he flops in the playoffs. In most cases QB is a fickle position. Ryan Fitzpatrick is a prime example.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Because teams are stupid. I mean there's people saying pay Kirk Cousins because of 8 home games then he flops in the playoffs. In most cases QB is a fickle position. Ryan Fitzpatrick is a prime example.

The question is whether or not he had leverage, not if Osweiler deserved the contract.

He was a free agent, and he had multiple teams pursuing him, so clearly the answer to that question was yes. Regardless of what he did on the field, he had leverage, and from the looks of it, he had a lot of it.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Sanchize is a perfectly fine option. Again, the guy made two straight AFC championship games. If you want to attribute most or all of that to the Jets defence, thats fine, because the Broncos D is comparable if not better.
Better D, worse O Line, better RBs, better receivers, worse TEs, worse returners, better kicking.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I'm still surprised Brock got that much in terms of average and guaranteed.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Osweiler is effectively still in his first season of playing in the NFL. He hasn't been good, but cutting him would be extremely stupid.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Just give Lamar Miller the rock and let him go to work! Been saying it all season. This team's best chance of winning is establishing the run so that Osweiler doesn't have to work as hard to get his yards.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
Just give Lamar Miller the rock and let him go to work! Been saying it all season. This team's best chance of winning is establishing the run so that Osweiler doesn't have to work as hard to get his yards.

Well especially with Fuller out.

Texans have all the tools.... elite receiver, young deep threat (who will only get better), solid RB1 & defense.

They just need Osweiler to be an efficient passer & game manager.

Yes he is overpaid, but he is a good fit there....I see them with a pretty healthy lead on the division by december.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Brock Osweiler is not very good, he's not efficient at all. I also don't think Will Fuller is going to get much better. He's Ted Ginn 2.0. which is fine when you have Hopkins.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Well especially with Fuller out.

Texans have all the tools.... elite receiver, young deep threat (who will only get better), solid RB1 & defense.

They just need Osweiler to be an efficient passer & game manager.

Yes he is overpaid, but he is a good fit there....I see them with a pretty healthy lead on the division by december.

They have plenty of skill position talent. Osweiler should be able to thrive with all the tools they've given him. But he's a bad QB. Best way to hide that is to develop the run and force defenses to prepare for stopping Miller. That should open up some passing lanes.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Brock Osweiler is not very good, he's not efficient at all. I also don't think Will Fuller is going to get much better. He's Ted Ginn 2.0. which is fine when you have Hopkins.

Hopkins in my opinion is the 2nd best receiver in the league after Antonio Brown. That's high praise I know, but given the crap QB's he's had to work with in his career I think it's fair. Can you imagine what Hopkins could do with a guy like Big Ben, or Palmer, or Ryan? Let alone the truly elite guys like Brady or Brees.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad