Signing(s): Brock Osweiler and Lamar Miller to Houston

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
And AJ Green. That'd be my top 5.

I agree with that. Some order of AB, Hopkins, Julio, OBJ, and Green are the 5 best receivers.

6-10 for what it's worth I think would be some order of Brandon Marshall, Jordy Nelson, Mike Evans, Amari Cooper, and Larry Fitzgerald. Cooper and Evans still struggle with drops but I think they're on the cusp of being elite. There's a lot more room for argument in this area though than there is 1-5. Dez Bryant makes that list though if/when he's healthy.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I agree with that. Some order of AB, Hopkins, Julio, OBJ, and Green are the 5 best receivers.

6-10 for what it's worth I think would be some order of Brandon Marshall, Jordy Nelson, Mike Evans, Amari Cooper, and Larry Fitzgerald. Cooper and Evans still struggle with drops but I think they're on the cusp of being elite. There's a lot more room for argument in this area though than there is 1-5. Dez Bryant makes that list though if/when he's healthy.

Personally I think Cooper will replace Hopkins in the top 5 department sooner rather than later.

It's sad because just two years ago Dez / Demaryius were in the discussion for the top 5 WR and were easily top 10. But man they've both struggled (Dez albeit to injury)

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
There's an absolute plethora of great WR's in the league right now. There's good argument that after the top 4 or 5 or so, numbers 6-30 could all be jumbled up.

The recent NFL drafts have been very rich at WR and it's one of those positions that translates easy from day 1 as a rookie.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
920x1240.jpg

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Brock Osweiler never should've left the Broncos, John Elway

Denver is a defending champ with a passionate fan base, a terrifying defense, a former quarterback (Gary Kubiak) as head coach and a former quarterback, Elway, as the GM who proved last season that he knows how to build a team that can win it all while removing a ton of pressure from the limited man under center. Elway has proven to be a lighting-fast learner too. The Broncos were coming off a 4-12 season when he was hired in 2011, and he has won five consecutive division titles, 58 regular-season games, six postseason games and one Super Bowl in two tries. Osweiler walked out on that program because he said he fit better in O'Brien's system.

How did that fit work out Monday?

Even so, Osweiler should still be the Broncos' starter -- not the less talented Trevor Siemian -- and the quarterback's representative, Sexton, has to take a hit for that. Too often, agents confuse the richest deal with the best deal. If Sexton's client is telling the truth when he says his benching late last season for a returning Manning didn't drive him out, then what was the deal? Osweiler wouldn't have faced the burdens of replacing the record-breaking 2013 Manning. He would've been replacing a shell of Peyton's former self.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Sorry but Osweieler didn't owe the Broncos anything and with how short NFL careers are him taking more money and a #1 job in Houston is not something he should be bashed for

The hate for Osweiler from Bronco fans is absurd at this point

His agent did his job and went out and got best deal possible for his client

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
I don't think Osweiler cares. He got paid way more than he deserves and while he probably won't experience as much team success with the Texans as he would with the Broncos, it's a little ridiculous to act like he should be so regretful for his choice.

He's a terrible QB, and while Denver would be able to hide his flaws better, he's getting paid even more to be exposed in Houston. End of the day he wins $$$$$

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I like the memes but he won't get anywhere near that $72M if he continues to be terrible. The Texans can just cut him after next season.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Sorry but Osweieler didn't owe the Broncos anything and with how short NFL careers are him taking more money and a #1 job in Houston is not something he should be bashed for

Exactly. He had already won a ring, so at this point its really about making the most money possible.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

Owes? no. He displayed horrible judgement chasing money over a better football team which will definitely cost him on his next contract, if not sooner if he gets cut.

Neil O'Donnell 2.0.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada

Agreed, although I don't get why he'd want to leave a team he was familiar (and got wins with) with an arguably better defense to have on the other side of the game.

But money talks and I can't fault him for trying to make bank in a career where it's half (if you're lucky) to a regular desk job. Although there's lots of opportunities post-playing career these days in analyst type roles.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
The Lions are 31st in passing DVOA according to Football Outsiders, and Darius Slay missed practice yesterday. If Osweiler can't throw for 300+ and a couple TDs in this one with Lamar Miller ailing, he's probably not going to do it this year if ever.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I'm not really convinced that the Broncos were hot and heavy on even resigning him.

I'm sure they offered 12M and when the response was 15-16 they probably said see ya right away.

I just get this eery feeling that Kubiak wasn't enamored with him. That's not sour grapes - honest truth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad