Player Discussion: Brock Nelson

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Been our best forward for two years, guy has ice in his veins and is our top playoff producer over those two runs I believe.

When people ask who’s the most underrated player, you want to see names like Nelson, not Barkov for 7 years in a row
Players now need to be compared to their cap hit. That’s just the reality.

Nelson is underrated and has been the isles best player. Also, excellent value for his cap hit.

Barkov is a strong talent, but not worth his cap hit. He has some flaws where he needs to step up. One could argue he’s important, but Tkachuk can run that team and end up with the same result - that’s not a good thing for $10M.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Not dump him. Trade him for a haul. And I stand behind that statement.

Bailey I want to dump.
I think the comment goes back a few years to when people really did want to dump Nelson. For nothing.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
If he continues his strong play in this playoff series / run then his value this offseason will be at the highest it has ever been.
This team really should be broken up. But hey, playoffs. We squeaked in and now we can make noise and tweet about how loud our fans are.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
This team really should be broken up. But hey, playoffs. We squeaked in and now we can make noise.

A year ago, you wanted the roster reset. I disagreed and erred on the side of one more run.

However these playoffs go, we're both on the same page today.

This should be the last hurrah for the group. Whether or not that happens...:dunno:

Reactions: MJF

Nizami Ganjavi

Greasy Meatball
Jul 27, 2022
Not dump him. Trade him for a haul. I still would and I stand behind that statement.

Bailey I want to dump.
A couple of years ago people were ready to dump him.

The "haul" would be picks/prospects which would maybe make sense if we were in a full blown rebuild. Which, thankfully, we are not. Yet...

Nizami Ganjavi

Greasy Meatball
Jul 27, 2022
No, I think he means recently like this season
no

A year ago, you wanted the roster reset. I disagreed and erred on the side of one more run.

However these playoffs go, we're both on the same page today.

This should be the last hurrah for the group. Whether or not that happens...:dunno:
For shits and giggles, let's say the team goes on another playoff run, this time losing in the SCF. Would your opinion change?

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
no

For shits and giggles, let's say the team goes on another playoff run, this time losing in the SCF. Would your opinion change?
Mine wouldn’t. As time goes on there will be more than the 3 or 4 changes that already need to be made and is too difficult for Lou to pull off.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
no

Unfortunately, I don't think so. It gets to a point of how many times can you give this core a shot until they completely fall apart? Eventually, scraping and clawing the entire regular season is going to wear on these guys after so many years, and then its barren wasteland Coyotes but without the accumulated draft capital.

Just as Lou said before the season, "I'm confident in our group." I was as well but for 2022-23 only. I believe that this is the last time for this core group. They've been going at it together since 2018-19.

We already saw a piece of the core shipped out for reinforcements and I think there should be more tinkering on the horizon.

I'm not saying blow it all up, because you still have that White Whale guy in net.

Nizami Ganjavi

Greasy Meatball
Jul 27, 2022
Mine wouldn’t. As time goes on there will be more than the 3 or 4 changes that already need to be made and is too difficult for Lou to pull off.
I don't know what is more impressive, that you know the 3 or 4 changes that need to be made, or that you know Lou can't do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad