Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Orton @ Summerslam

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
They made the announcement on the show by cutting to Stamford, CT where they host the Raw pre-show. Scott Stanford, Booker T and Corey Graves, I believe, broke the news.

BROCK LESNAR vs. RANDY ORTON.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
What a great first match after being on the shelf for so long. A trip to Suplex city:laugh:

This just screams filler match to me. They have no intention for anyone to go over Brock right now, and don't want to have him get involved with the current main event feuds.

I wonder if they also chose to pick this isolated low stakes match and to not invest into a large Summerslam program because of his return to UFC

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Worst case scenario - Brock gets a medical suspension and can't work Summerslam, so Randy Orton's recovery is "delayed" and he won't be at Summerslam either.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
I don't think they have Orton get rag-dolled entirely but there's no way he goes over. Brock will kick out of an epic RKO out of nowhere. It won't have much substance...a few cool Orton spots and typical Brock brutality.

Good news for Randy...getting beat by Brock at a major PPV still means you can champ. So there's that.

S A W F T*

I don't think they have Orton get rag-dolled entirely but there's no way he goes over. Brock will kick out of an epic RKO out of nowhere. It won't have much substance...a few cool Orton spots and typical Brock brutality.

Good news for Randy...getting beat by Brock at a major PPV still means you can champ. So there's that.

It's going to be an F5 into RKO and it's going to be awesome.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
What's with the UFC-style booking?

"Ok, now these two are going to fight".

Literally no buildup, or reason for there to be a feud between the two. :help:

So much for storytelling, I guess.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
You guys are missing the point. If Brock gets a medical suspension and can't work in New York for a period of time, WWE has an out and can say that Orton's recovery was delayed and do the match the next month.

It's better than booking a match against Ambrose, Rollins or any other healthy superstar and then Lesnar gets a medical suspension and can't work.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don't wrestle and i've never been in an MMA fight... but do you think it is tough to transition from training for a real fight and being safe in the ring? It seems like they are complete opposites.

Lesnar is a safe worker, but will coming off an actual fight (and training leading up to it) have any affect on his ability to be safe?

Just honestly wondering.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
It'll just be muscle memory, once you start doing something it all comes back very quickly. Like it takes me a few overs to get back into playing cricket after the winter, but after that it's as if I never stopped playing in the first place.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I don't wrestle and i've never been in an MMA fight... but do you think it is tough to transition from training for a real fight and being safe in the ring? It seems like they are complete opposites.

Lesnar is a safe worker, but will coming off an actual fight (and training leading up to it) have any affect on his ability to be safe?

Just honestly wondering.

He legitimately clocked Cena during a brawl once and busted him open when he first returned, but that was it.

He's a pro. He'll be fine.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
This will be 10 times better then Ambrose/Lesnar at WM. I've actually wanted to see this match for awhile now.

crediblepest

The Era of Auston
May 29, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Dont ask me why, but I feel like Orton is winning this. Probably for shock value. F5 reversal into an RKO for the victory. Orton vs. Lesnar at next PPV

Or maybe just what I am hoping for. Go Randy!

This will be 10 times better then Ambrose/Lesnar at WM. I've actually wanted to see this match for awhile now.

I've waited 12 years for this (Ortons Evolution Legend Killer gimmick days) this may not be the fastest match, but its going to be technically amazing.

Off Topic: If Kurt Angle does return I would LOVE to see this be turned into a Triple Threat. Sorry I'm ranting about fantasy bookings, I'm just so genuinely excited for this!

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
There's a better chance that Lesnar sends Orton to the moon with one German suplex than there is Randy defeating Brock.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
This is to get Orton back on track quick and rebuild his stardom. He's been gone for quite a while and was mildly invisible before hand. An excellent rub to get him relevant again.

That said, he'll likely lose, but go back up above mid card status - if healthy.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa

Just honestly wondering.

This was my first thought when I heard he was returning to fight in the UFC. Transition it harder than people will think. That said, wrestling is a lot slower - so should be fine.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I don't mind the match but, story wise? I'm lost. Guess it fits with Randy being off for so long and Brock being part time??

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Would rather see Lesnar vs Owens or something
The problem there is that it would be a terrible idea.

While I really want to see a competitive match between the two, Owens isn't in the position on the card to be given that kind of match. It would end up being a needless squash. If Owens was in the middle of a championship run, then sure it would be competitive. But he's not so it won't be.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Which is exactly what I WOULDN'T want to see for him.. :shakehead

Exactly. As Kimi said, Owens isn't in the position to have a competitive match with Lesnar.

No one except Cena at NoC and Taker have been able to have competitive matches with Lesnar since the streak. Rollins? Extended squash. Reigns? Extended squash with a hope spot for Reigns in the final 2 minutes of a 15-minute match. Ambrose? Extended squash. He made Strowman look like a geek. He's destroyed the entire roster in the build to the Rumble.

The only one has hasn't crossed paths with since returning is Orton and Orton is high enough on the card to eat an extended squash at the hands of Lesnar.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Exactly. As Kimi said, Owens isn't in the position to have a competitive match with Lesnar.

No one except Cena at NoC and Taker have been able to have competitive matches with Lesnar since the streak. Rollins? Extended squash. Reigns? Extended squash with a hope spot for Reigns in the final 2 minutes of a 15-minute match. Ambrose? Extended squash. He made Strowman look like a geek. He's destroyed the entire roster in the build to the Rumble.

The only one has hasn't crossed paths with since returning is Orton and Orton is high enough on the card to eat an extended squash at the hands of Lesnar.

Any chance Lesnar uses his Canada identity as part of a wwe story?:Could troll Owerns. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad