Player Discussion Brock Boeser

Status
Not open for further replies.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Of course not, but would you trade Hughes for another Boeser? I don't think the Isles would deal him anyway, but the only reason he would be traded for someone like Boeser (who is more proven but has lower potential), would be because he isn't proven yet.

Huh? Of course regardless of need, I'm not trading Quinn Hughes after the season he has had for someone like Boeser. That's not equal value at all. But depending on need I might trade an unproven Dman for a proven 1st line goal scoring winger. Of course the key is unproven. If I think Dobson is a surefire #1 stud Dman then of course I'm not trading him for someone like Boeser. But if I think he's likely to develop into a 2nd pairing Dman then I might trade him for someone like Boeser if the trade makes sense in terms of team needs. It's certainly not poor value to trade an unproven Dman like Dobson for someone like Boeser. Certainly the age different isn't much of a factor.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
His play...perplexes me. So he's not injured, because he was on fire yesterday, skating hard everywhere on the backcheck and forecheck.

Is it just a mental thing with him right now? When he's on, he's super noticeable. When he's off his game, he can go entire games being absolutely invisible. I mean, he's still getting points, so I'm not being too hard on him.

YtooLame

Aug 22, 2020
There's so much star power now compared to when BB6 joined the team, that's all. His star is as bright as ever

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Stumbled along this thread and good gosh I’m sorry for KaprizovEntitlist. He does not speak on our (wild fans) behalf. I couldn’t bring myself to finish reading his posts in this thread but I can only imagine

Reactions: Blue and Green

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Stumbled along this thread and good gosh I’m sorry for KaprizovEntitlist. He does not speak on our (wild fans) behalf. I couldn’t bring myself to finish reading his posts in this thread but I can only imagine

Yeah because I blatantly said wild aren't trading for wingers which you obviously think they should. Didn't say anything wrong.

All the multiple reports obviously. Never attacked Boeser or anything

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Legitimately starting to think moving Boeser for a defenseman might be a solid option for Benning. He came back hot for the bubble and looked like his rookie self but over the last 5-6 games looks like he's struggling once again - it's starting to become a bit of a trend. I think he's an extremely valuable piece and wouldn't desperately move him; But this team needs a stabilizing force in their top 4 D. I know this has been brought up before just thinking I'm agreeing with the idea.

Reactions: SillyRabbit

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Legitimately starting to think moving Boeser for a defenseman might be a solid option for Benning. He came back hot for the bubble and looked like his rookie self but over the last 5-6 games looks like he's struggling once again - it's starting to become a bit of a trend. I think he's an extremely valuable piece and wouldn't desperately move him; But this team needs a stabilizing force in their top 4 D. I know this has been brought up before just thinking I'm agreeing with the idea.

For once I gotta give it to Benning:

Signing Boeser to a long term deal instead of a bridge contract would’ve been disastrous.

I agree that he should be moved for a top 4 D. Better do it soon before everyone else figures out how far he’s fallen as a player.

Not necessarily blaming him either, I believe the injuries really changed the way he plays, permanently.

Reactions: MarkMM

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Problem is that trading a guy when his value is lowest is not smart at all.

Reactions: I am toxic

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Beginning to think that Petey carried Boeser more than we realize.....put him on any other line, and he's basically invisible.

Reactions: Canuck16

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Not sure I agree his value is at its lowest. He's on a cost controlled contract with option at the end of the term and despite playing relatively poorly he has flattering offensive numbers.

This.

Using the eye test, he is not contributing nearly as much as the numbers indicate.

We can’t expect him to have similar numbers next season, he benefitted by playing alongside Miller in a career year and Pettersson who is an offensive wizard.

This summer would be a good time to unload him because if he doesn’t get to play on the top like next season, his numbers could easily go down.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
His play...perplexes me. So he's not injured, because he was on fire yesterday, skating hard everywhere on the backcheck and forecheck.

Is it just a mental thing with him right now? When he's on, he's super noticeable. When he's off his game, he can go entire games being absolutely invisible. I mean, he's still getting points, so I'm not being too hard on him.

I think its his back.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
Problem is that trading a guy when his value is lowest is not smart at all.
He’s widely perceived as a high end top 6 winger signed to a reasonable AAV short term contract. He’s coming off a season where he’s been productive in both the regular season as well as the playoffs. He definitely has value.

The obvious rejoinder is that if he’s so valuable, why don’t we keep him? It’s because we’re dealing a position of strength (top6 F) to address a weakness (Top4 d).

If we can land a top4 youngish minute muncher with decent outlet passing, you got to think long and hard about it. Especially since we have Hoglander and Podkolzin coming up the ranks, who we will need to offset EP’s and QH’s second contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad