Player Discussion Brock Boeser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
We all want Boeser on the top PP for the one timer, but if he doesn’t use it, then what’s the point? Almost seems like that’s why he’s not there. He did it once vs STL. Brock isn’t shooting like he was in his rookie year and it’s not just not the same.

I think everyone can see that.

At this point it is still best to put him regardless. Miller despite his points struggled in that position. Boeser looked hungry in this game, he would definitely shoot instead of hestitating this time around, Id wager. Brock is also simply a better passer than Miller too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
We all want Boeser on the top PP for the one timer, but if he doesn’t use it, then what’s the point? Almost seems like that’s why he’s not there. He did it once vs STL. Brock isn’t shooting like he was in his rookie year and it’s not just not the same.

I think everyone can see that.
Set him up as the left wall playmaker on the second unit.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
I think part of Boesers issue is hes "conflicted".

He been touted as a shoot first guy and he is but his shot is gone. He is however not only a good passer but a good playmaker.

He needs to find some balance.
If he has lost his shot as you say (and I suspect he has), he doesn’t need to find a balance. What he needs to do is re-invent himself as a guy who plays a heavy game, wins board battles and sets up line mates. But To do that he’ll also need to add other elements to his game, play away from the puck and potentially PK.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Way too early to say if his shot is "gone". The kid is like 23. There's plenty of development ahead of him.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
Its clear as day that Tofolli is better than Boeser at this point in their careers.

Boeser's play without the puck and skating is something that needs to develop.

I would love to have TT back on this team. He's such a gamer.

Boeser is still young and has lots of development left to do, im not ready to count him out yet. This is his first playoff run. Hopefully it will open his eyes to his deficiencies and will have an off-season to remember! One thing about Boeser is his character is all about perseverance, attitude and humbleness. He will work his butt off to get better im sure of it.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
Trade him for Ehlers pls

If were moving Boeser for someone then I hope its for a young Dman. Defence is clearly what wins in the playoffs.

I'd trade Boeser to Minny and have him closer to his dad and family.

I'd target Brodin or Dumba.

Especially Brodin, super impressed with him during our matchup.

Maybe that can entice Minny to have a top 6 that includes Kaprizov, Boeser, Fiala.

Reactions: David71

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
If were moving Boeser for someone then I hope its for a young Dman. Defence is clearly what wins in the playoffs.

I'd trade Boeser to Minny and have him closer to his dad and family.

I'd target Brodin or Dumba.

Especially Brodin, super impressed with him during our matchup.

Maybe that can entice Minny to have a top 6 that includes Kaprizov, Boeser, Fiala.

I like having an elite top 6. Ehlers was 11th in ESP he had ten more points at Even strength than anyone on the Canucks. Extremely strong play driver. Ehlers wouldn't need any PP time to produce and has 5 more years at 6M. I mean he was on pace for 66 points with only 5 power play points.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
I like having an elite top 6. Ehlers was 11th in ESP he had ten more points at Even strength than anyone on the Canucks. Extremely strong play driver. Ehlers wouldn't need any PP time to produce and has 5 more years at 6M. I mean he was on pace for 66 points with only 5 power play points.

Ehlers has 2 goals in 25 playoff games with a stacked Jets teams the last few years. 9 pts total.

These type of players can get neutralized very easily in a playoff series and tend to disappear when the playoff physicality gets turned up.

Nothing against Ehelers, but you can get his type via trade almost every year, where as top notch young dmen you almost have to draft them to get them.

Dmen also are bigger factors during games not only do they play more but they have more responsibilities and this effect on the game.

If were moving a core piece like Boeser I think we need to target a difference maker Dman

Reactions: Luckylarry

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Imagination: Boeser for Dumba/Brodin
Reality: Hall for Larsson

Why would a team trade a winger for a top 4 right-handed defensemen? If Dumba/Brodin was on the block that shit would be a trading war. Just on the top of my head, Toronto would be bidding high on Dumba if he was on the market. They need someone to play with Reilly and judging by the media they are willing to pay a pretty penny for a RHD that can play with Reilly.

So if you want Dumba it's Boeser ++. Those ++ should be used to move cap space for all the terrible contracts that Benning has signed if you want to sign Toffoli/Markstrom/Tanev.

Reactions: Peen

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Trade him for Ehlers pls
Compare their playoff performance, and you will reconsider. Ehlers has 9 points in 25 games, and provides nothing when not putting up offence. Boeser has 9 points in 14 games, weighs 40 pounds more, and plays a heavier defensive game on and off pucks.
If Boeser is traded, which is a big if, it has to be for a young top four D man.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
Imagination: Boeser for Dumba/Brodin
Reality: Hall for Larsson

Why would a team trade a winger for a top 4 right-handed defensemen? If Dumba/Brodin was on the block that shit would be a trading war. Just on the top of my head, Toronto would be bidding high on Dumba if he was on the market. They need someone to play with Reilly and judging by the media they are willing to pay a pretty penny for a RHD that can play with Reilly.

So if you want Dumba it's Boeser ++. Those ++ should be used to move cap space for all the terrible contracts that Benning has signed if you want to sign Toffoli/Markstrom/Tanev.

Who does Toronto have they they are willing to trade that would be as significant as Boeser.

Nylander maybe? They're not moving Marner or Mathews or Tavares.

So if youre Minny, would you rather have Nylander and his career high 61 pts or the hometown Boeser who can be as effectivie offensively and help sell you tickets and a feel good story.

Obviously if youre saying that Toronto is willing to give Nylander +15th overall for someone like Dumba and Brodin then thats waayyy too rich for the anyone's blood and the Canucks should move on and find another dance partner. But i dont think Brodin or Dumba would cost that much/ anyone is willing to pay that.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
Dmen whom i feel are close value to Boeser that id be okay trading Boeser for. Maybe a small add from Vancouver or maybe a small add from the trading partner

Werenski - CBJ
Dumba- Minny
Brodin- Minny
Fowler- Anaheim
Paryko- STL
Chychurun- Arizona
Lindholm- Anaheim
Ekblad- Florida
Pulock- NYI
Dougie Hamilton- Carolina

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Who does Toronto have they they are willing to trade that would be as significant as Boeser.

Nylander maybe? They're not moving Marner or Mathews or Tavares.

So if youre Minny, would you rather have Nylander and his career high 61 pts or the hometown Boeser who can be as effectivie offensively and help sell you tickets and a feel good story.

Obviously if youre saying that Toronto is willing to give Nylander +15th overall for someone like Dumba and Brodin then thats waayyy too rich for the anyone's blood and the Canucks should move on and find another dance partner. But i dont think Brodin or Dumba would cost that much/ anyone is willing to pay that.
Okay, if not Toronto, who else is looking for a just turned 26-year-old top 4 RHD? Half of the league?

I think you are crazy to assume that the Canucks would be the only ones bidding on Dumba and that the Canucks can just trade a winger for a top-4-RHD. The reality is that there will be a bidding war if Brodin or Dumba is on the block, and you will be losing value trading for a target like Brodin or Dumba.

Boeser is a fine player, frustrating as Boeser might be on nights, he is a top 6 forward and can develop into a consistent top-line player. He is showing flashes in these playoffs.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I don't even think Dumba is that good. He's clearly the worst of Minnesota's top-four. I think moving Boeser for Dumba is just a downright bad move. Brodin is clearly the carrier of that pair at even strength. Dumba isn't good defensively and his value stems from getting some PP goals one season. Easy pass. I cannot fathom why everyone is drooling over Dumba. He is Tyler Myers, but maybe hits harder once in a while and with a better slapper.

Brodin for Boeser...maybe. But we would need a guaranteed extension from Brodin considering he's one year away from UFA.

I'm actually happy with Boeser's development. Yes, it'd be nice to see that offense and slick wrist shot from his rookie year, But he's made massive strides defensively and also become a good forechecker. He's way more well-rounded. He's still 23 and has had THREE seasons in the NHL where he's paced for 65 points over 82 games. Combine that with an improving two-way game...I'm not trading Boeser unless it's a fantastic return. And no, it's not Dumba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad