Player Discussion Brock Boeser | Still Unsigned

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Agree to disagree then. I do, again, wish someone had stepped up against Matheson but I am extremely doubtful it would have had any effect on Calvert or anyone attempting a flyby crosscheck considering how common of a play it is league wide.

Absolutely.

If I am wrong, the worst outcome is that attention is drawn to the problem.

If I'm right, those actions reduce the chances we see star players' careers damaged and shortened like Gretzky (same dirty cross-check), LaFontaine, Lindros, Kariya, Stevens.

To each their own.

Last edited:
Reactions: mossey3535

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Hopefully they keep him out the weeks needed to recover, then a week or two after that to make sure he's 100% fine with no nagging injuries.

Hopefully they find what's wrong with him.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Fans could tell during preseason that he didn't look right and should just sit. But the doofuses running the canucks know better.

Now here we are. The chicken littles were right. Again.

If you look at their descions through the lens of they gotta make the playoffs or they are fired it makes sense (even if it’s wrong to play him)

Reactions: y2kcanucks

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Brock is faking the injury just so he can stay home from the Cali Roadtrip and go to the ICBABC Gala last night and meet the Guest Speaker his boyhood idol,
Mr D-pic himself Brett Favre.
DsibBWrUcAEh1EW.jpg

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Skated hard on his own all week.

Now hes back taking full practice this morning on a line with Ep40 and Goldy

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
I like that line
Goldy EP Boeser
when can we reunite Baertschi and Horvat? could be a decent 1-2 punch if we had those lines going

I would say Baertschi isnt back until January the earliest. His 5th concussion. And according to him tgus concussion " feels different". He feels it more in the head rather than the neck as previous. Sounds very serious.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
I would say Baertschi isnt back until January the earliest. His 5th concussion. And according to him tgus concussion " feels different". He feels it more in the head rather than the neck as previous. Sounds very serious.
If its his 5th concussion and he feel's it more in the head rather than the neck, then i'd say there's a very good chance that he takes off a lot of time and won't rush the healing process... because if he does come back and has another concussion then he's probably done for his career

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
If its his 5th concussion and he feel's it more in the head rather than the neck, then i'd say there's a very good chance that he takes off a lot of time and won't rush the healing process... because if he does come back and has another concussion then he's probably done for his career

They were mentioning that Baertschi just got married and has a baby on the way in April and might be questioning his priorities. Pure speculation of course.

He is flying to Detroit this week to see the same Neurologist that handled Rousell and Demko.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Sounds like Baertchis career is over now. That sucks :(

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
Holy gross over-exaggeration, Crosby lost essentially two seasons to major Concussions symptoms and healthy for 6 years since than.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
Holy gross over-exaggeration, Crosby lost essentially two seasons to major Concussions symptoms and healthy for 6 years since than.

Yeah, people are getting a little crazy with the concussion thing. Like those who said EP should have been shut down for much longer, and not allowed on a plane despite not having shown any concussion symptoms.

I mean hey, it is a reason for concern with Bae, but a major concussion is not usually a career ending injury. It does sound like he is done for a good portion of this season though, if he has been off so long and now is looking for further medical help.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
which just highlights the need for them to take every precaution possible in getting Baertschi healthy. If that means two months off and he comes back Jan / Feb, so be it. I feel that one more "tank" year would do the Canucks good. They could really use another impact winger propsect to complete the quad (EP, Horvat, Boeser) - just need that other winger so you have two sets of two!

Oliewud

May 13, 2013
Didnt it not even end up being a concussion with crosby? I thought they discovered the lingering pain was actually his vertebrae?

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016

Won't be overly surprising if Baertschi misses the rest of the season, just like Crosby did a few years back.
Hockey isn't worth risking the rest of your life over, he needs to take all the time in the world to recover 100% before coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad