Brock Boeser - Part II (Catchy Nickname in Progress) (Warning Post #422)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
If boeser turned out to be Mark Messier but like the Mark Messier of Edmonton instead of the Mark Messier of Vancouver than that would be a very good Mark Messier to have, instead of the crappy Mark Messier we ended up with

- **** it was like saying candy man too many times, he just appeared and he ate all my chips

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Boeser is 1G away from tying Parise and Eichel in their freshman season. He has about 6-8 games left to play this year.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Don't you know he can draft an NHL player with every pick? :sarcasm:

Know it is sarcasm but the 2014 draft Virtanen, McCann, Demko, Russian giant, Forsling looks awesome. From 2015 there are 3 or 4 possible as well. So not 100% but better than the team has seen in two year drafting period . You can out draft minor mistakes.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Know it is sarcasm but the 2014 draft Virtanen, McCann, Demko, Russian giant, Forsling looks awesome. From 2015 there are 3 or 4 possible as well. So not 100% but better than the team has seen in two year drafting period . You can out draft minor mistakes.

Of course 2015 has 3 or 4 possible; it's less than a year old. Would you expect players to bust at 19 years old?

We don't know who is going to go Ben Hutton and who is going to go Nik Jensen. You have to give it a few years.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
So whoever that guy is in the Glasses on Sportsnet just confirmed Benning told him Boeser will return for his sophomore year.

:nod::nod::nod:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Good. I wish NCAA players were allowed to attend training camps, but I think UND is the best place for Boeser next season. The Canucks are likely going to be pretty bad.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Makes sense out of all the comparable players in the category he is in, they all did 2 years in college.

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Good. I wish NCAA players were allowed to attend training camps, but I think UND is the best place for Boeser next season. The Canucks are likely going to be pretty bad.

It;s really good.

Most players stay 2 years at least

Eichel and Larkin situation is very rare.

Toews, Stastny, Parise etc etc all stay for 2 years

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Maybe they want him to put up 1 GPG before they sign him :laugh:

Honestly, I think there really isn't a wrong decision here. Brock can go back to UND a fantastic program and dominate another year then when he's 20 he can come dominate in the NHL :naughty:

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Maybe they want him to put up 1 GPG before they sign him :laugh:

Honestly, I think there really isn't a wrong decision here. Brock can go back to UND a fantastic program and dominate another year then when he's 20 he can come dominate in the NHL :naughty:

Schmaltz could be gone though he is a big key to his success.

HOWEVER

Tyson Jost who should be picked around 15 will be his new teammate

:nod::nod::nod::nod:

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Well apparently being 1 goal away from the best Fr season at one of the best NCAA schools didn't impress the folks over at Hockey News. Spent (wasted really) $2.99 to download their Future Watch issue and was fairly surprised to see Boeser all the way down at #36 on their list behind such luminaries as Nick Ritchie (11), Eriksson-Ek (23), his own lower scoring linemate Schmaltz (26), AHL dud Anthony Mantha (27), Gurianov (34), and fellow collegiate Jake Walman (35)

Was waffling over whether to pick up the digital issue as their coverage seems so poor compared to what is available for free these days but I've followed their lists since the mid-90's. Probably be the last one for me though, as I can't fathom any reason for such a low ranking, especially over such 'meh' competition.

canwincup

Aug 28, 2008
Van city
Well apparently being 1 goal away from the best Fr season at one of the best NCAA schools didn't impress the folks over at Hockey News. Spent (wasted really) $2.99 to download their Future Watch issue and was fairly surprised to see Boeser all the way down at #36 on their list behind such luminaries as Nick Ritchie (11), Eriksson-Ek (23), his own lower scoring linemate Schmaltz (26), AHL dud Anthony Mantha (27), Gurianov (34), and fellow collegiate Jake Walman (35)

Was waffling over whether to pick up the digital issue as their coverage seems so poor compared to what is available for free these days but I've followed their lists since the mid-90's. Probably be the last one for me though, as I can't fathom any reason for such a low ranking, especially over such 'meh' competition.

Haha that's ridiculous....I've always hated their rankings. Just out of curiosity, where did they have Demko ranked?

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Haha that's ridiculous....I've always hated their rankings. Just out of curiosity, where did they have Demko ranked?

#32. Actually thought that was reasonable, as he's been great but I generally don't like goalies as high as skaters. Was expecting Boeser to be in the 10-19 range, as he lacks the high draft status to crack the top 10. Was stunned when I didn't see him there, not in the 20's, and almost out of the 30's altogether. Just ignorance IMO.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006

While I'd have to see the whole list to comment in full, I would definitely rank Nick Ritchie ahead of Boeser right now. Ritchie is trying to break into the NHL, much like Virtanen. Boeser is ways away yet from even being a pro player. Eriksson-EK also played in the SHL during his draft year. So it has to be judged across the level of competition involved.

just22

Aug 2, 2009
#32. Actually thought that was reasonable, as he's been great but I generally don't like goalies as high as skaters. Was expecting Boeser to be in the 10-19 range, as he lacks the high draft status to crack the top 10. Was stunned when I didn't see him there, not in the 20's, and almost out of the 30's altogether. Just ignorance IMO.

Is there a date that they compiled this list? Could've been a while back.

canwincup

Aug 28, 2008
Van city

Thanks for sharing, ya I think their rankings are way off but I never read too much into rankings like these anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad