Value of: Brock Boeser for Young D-Man

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Such a bad thread idea. I swear people just get bored with their team and come up with these ridiculous ideas.

Theres a greater chance of us drafting someone like Bowen Byram that Kakko or Hughes... in which case it would be especially ridiculous to trade Boeser for a D man.

People on this site have such a silly view of wingers they act like wingers don't matter.. yet you cant convince me that the Blackhawks and their 3 cup winning teams weren't teams that were built very much around wingers. They had a #1D, a #1C, and the best wingers in the league. Not the best defence, not the best goalie, and no where near the best centre depth. C depth was actually pretty terrible for Cup winning teams (Look at their 2Cs) yet they were dominant teams often times carried by their elite wingers like Kane, Sharp, Hossa, Saad, Panarin, Ladd, and Versteeg.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Flames have too many young stud d-men (Kylington, Hanifin, Ras, Vali), I'd trade one for Boeser if he ever had a healthy 82 game season. I know 99.6% of Canuck fans won't do the trade (and in reality shouldn't), but it could work bro.

DomY

Aug 11, 2008
Any team would do that for Boeser though, so denied, quit acting like Brock is a 28 yr old UFA trade deadline rental.

Oh don't get me wrong, I wouldn't do this trade at all. But there are no defensemen that meet your criteria, and no attractive chips in the Canucks farm (right now). Better to wait for Dahlen to become something, Goldobin and Virtanen to become a "proven top 6 forward" instead of just "promising top 6 forwards," Baertschi to bounce back from his serious concussion, or Boeser to put up 50 goals and you can trade him for a top dman then.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Trade Virtanen instead
Trade neither. Versatility within the same position (they don't play the same type of game) is harder to defend against. One might hate the idea, but having Virtanen as an option may also improve Boeser's results, even if they never play at the same time. The Canucks' right side is really really dangerous right now.

Mcnugesaitl979329

Dec 11, 2018
Im an oilers fan and i can tell you now this could potentially be peter chiarelli posting under the username RonningMorrisonBooth. Sounds a lot like his m.o . draft an incredibly gifted center than trade your best winger. Yup. In all serioisness trading boeser would be a mistake take it from an oilers fan.

Reactions: sexydonut

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
I posted this same thread minus the d-man part last year almost exactly to the day and got roasted for it.

Now it looks like the Canucks will have too many top 6 wingers after drafting Kappo Kakko who is projected to go around where VCR will pick.

Kaakko
Dahlen
Virtanen
Goldobin
Leivo
Roussell
Boeser

That’s too many top 9 wingers when the Canucks need help on defence and I think Boeser could bring back the best return out of them.

So which young top 3 defensemen are out there available for Brock Boeser?

That's an incredibly sad list. Only 1 of them is a top 6 winger on a contender.

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
I posted this same thread minus the d-man part last year almost exactly to the day and got roasted for it.

Now it looks like the Canucks will have too many top 6 wingers after drafting Kappo Kakko who is projected to go around where VCR will pick.

Kaakko
Dahlen
Virtanen
Goldobin
Leivo
Roussell
Boeser

That’s too many top 9 wingers when the Canucks need help on defence and I think Boeser could bring back the best return out of them.

So which young top 3 defensemen are out there available for Brock Boeser?

I'd give you Juulsen, Mete, Ikonen and a 1st for Boeser.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Brock, Bo Horvat & Pettersson (obviously) are the team.

Petersson is the franchise center, Brock is potentially the elite winger alongside him. Horvat is the Bergeron/Kesler/Richards/exc, type.

Don't worry about the trade value, they aren't going anywhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad