Value of: Brock Boeser for Young D-Man

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
I posted this same thread minus the d-man part last year almost exactly to the day and got roasted for it.

Now it looks like the Canucks will have too many top 6 wingers after drafting Kappo Kakko who is projected to go around where VCR will pick.

Kaakko
Dahlen
Virtanen
Goldobin
Leivo
Roussell
Boeser

That’s too many top 9 wingers when the Canucks need help on defence and I think Boeser could bring back the best return out of them.

So which young top 3 defensemen are out there available for Brock Boeser?

Leivo is already a staple? Wow.

pettersson

Oct 8, 2018
Leivo was underrated on these boards
He hasn't done anything yet? I get the argument that he hasn't had a chance, but cant assume he'll be a top 6 player given the chance.

I like what I've seen in the last 2 games though.

Edit: Also this thread is dumb, we should not be trying to trade our #1 winger

Reactions: wetcoast

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I posted this same thread minus the d-man part last year almost exactly to the day and got roasted for it.

Now it looks like the Canucks will have too many top 6 wingers after drafting Kappo Kakko who is projected to go around where VCR will pick.

Kaakko
Dahlen
Virtanen
Goldobin
Leivo
Roussell
Boeser

That’s too many top 9 wingers when the Canucks need help on defence and I think Boeser could bring back the best return out of them.

if im boston I dangle carlo or Urho plus a kid forward if that's what it takes to try to get in on this... really like boeser alot

Steely Van

Oct 12, 2018
He hasn't done anything yet? I get the argument that he hasn't had a chance, but cant assume he'll be a top 6 player given the chance.

I like what I've seen in the last 2 games though.

Edit: Also this thread is dumb, we should not be trying to trade our #1 winger
As for Boeser I'm just worried because of his injury history, his skating sometimes is slow, and after the first half of last year he hasn't been as consistant at scoring.

pettersson

Oct 8, 2018
As for Boeser I'm just worried because of his injury history, his skating sometimes is slow, and after the first half of last year he hasn't been as consistant at scoring.
Understandable..its just funny cause he has 14p in 18 games still, even though the consensus is he's looked a little off this season apart from that colorado game. He'll get back to form. He's young, he's still developing, he'll find it.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Having 2 Top-6 wingers, maybe adding a 3rd in the draft...and then having a few more serviceable Top-9 wingers is not "too many good wingers".

I mean sure, i'd trade Brock Boeser away for a similar-aged #1D, or even a #1C. But ain't nobody in the league even gonna entertain trading a young #1D or C for a Winger. So...moot point essentially. Not trading Boeser.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Having 2 Top-6 wingers, maybe adding a 3rd in the draft...and then having a few more serviceable Top-9 wingers is not "too many good wingers".

I mean sure, i'd trade Brock Boeser away for a similar-aged #1D, or even a #1C. But ain't nobody in the league even gonna entertain trading a young #1D or C for a Winger. So...moot point essentially. Not trading Boeser.
The notion that we are set at forward is utterly ridiculous.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
tenor.gif

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Carlo, Kampfer, and a second for Boeser and Virtanen

Carlo projects to be a number 1 guy within two years. Hell, we'd even throw in Heinen.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

Kaakko
Dahlen
Virtanen
Goldobin
Leivo
Roussell
Boeser

There are really only 2 legit top 6 wingers on that list assuming the canucks draft Kakko.

Very poor starting premise.

Reactions: travis scott

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Trading Brock Boeser who admittedly is having a sophomore slump, is an insane proposal unless you're fleecing another team. The Canucks are int he process of building their brand up again. I do understand the want for more push from the back end, seeing as Buffalo had the same problem and still does to some degree.

Reactions: travis scott

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
if im boston I dangle carlo or Urho plus a kid forward if that's what it takes to try to get in on this... really like boeser alot

I'm not sure if Boston does this but they are coming from a position of strength but my bet is that the Canuck fans and the Op would ask alot in addition to Carlo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad