Player Discussion Brock Boeser | "Back" in Action

Status
Not open for further replies.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
If this injury becomes something that lingers and re-occurs/flares up in future seasons because he didn’t get it properly assessed and fixed now, I’m going to be livid.

He’s such an important part of our future, no clue why they aren’t treating this with more caution and proactiveness.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
If this injury becomes something that lingers and re-occurs/flares up in future seasons because he didn’t get it properly assessed and fixed now, I’m going to be livid.

He’s such an important part of our future, no clue why they aren’t treating this with more caution and proactiveness.

Last year the outrage was that he was benched the first two games of the season. This year its going to be thst he was not. :laugh:

Reactions: Grip it N RYP it

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore

I'm guessing our crack medical team assessed the risk of reinjury as acceptably low. Of course that would be weighed against ticket and merchandise sales, he was their marquee marketing tool. Personally, if he had shook off the broken back and not missed a beat, that I would have found surprising. This, not so much.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland

He already has that with his wrist that they made him play through last season.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
He already has that with his wrist that they made him play through last season.

Anything to sell a couple extra tickets hey? Forget about the guys long term health that could have a huge impact on future seasons when we are actually competitive.

Imagine his back flares up in the playoffs and he has to miss a series that we could’ve won with him healthy.

How they can be so careless with his health is a testament to the shortsightedness of the entire Benning regime.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Anything to sell a couple extra tickets hey? Forget about the guys long term health that could have a huge impact on future seasons when we are actually competitive.

Imagine his back flares up in the playoffs and he has to miss a series that we could’ve won with him healthy.

How they can be so careless with his health is a testament to the shortsightedness of the entire Benning regime.

I don't put all the blame on management on this.
Doubt they could or would force him to play if he didn't want to.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
I don't put all the blame on management on this.
Doubt they could or would force him to play if he didn't want to.

Every single hockey player in the NHL will say they can play no matter what kind of pain or injury they are dealing with.

It’s up to the team coaches, staff, trainers and management to protect their asset.

I don’t expect a 21 year old to be thinking long term and being cautious and careful, I expect that from the grown men whose job it is to manage the team and players.

pomorick

Aug 8, 2015
Every single hockey player in the NHL will say they can play no matter what kind of pain or injury they are dealing with.

It’s up to the team coaches, staff, trainers and management to protect their asset.

I don’t expect a 21 year old to be thinking long term and being cautious and careful, I expect that from the grown men whose job it is to manage the team and players.
Smile:) Grown men:)

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
I miss Big Body Boes

200.gif

Where art thou

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
Honestly its still to early to panic heck some players just start off slow it happens and its not just boeser its the whole "top line" maybe the best course of action would be to shuffle the lines

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

That depends on a lot of factors. Assuming that it's his wrist that isn't 100%, is he in pain? If he's in pain, I would hope that management sits him up and have him rehab his wrist. Is it simply a matter of not being 100% in terms of ROM and strength? Suppose Boeser was completely honest, he would be cleared to play if it doesn't risk further injury simply by playing hockey. if it's a matter of Boeser sitting out and not shooting any pucks for a week or even few weeks, then I would hope management sits him out. But if Boeser needs to sit out a few months without shooting pucks, then you're probably looking at an injury that simply takes time and unless playing would make it worse, you'll be pissing off the player and his agent if you force him to sit out for months and force him to do nothing.

If you're coming off surgery and not 100%, simply resting and doing nothing doesn't mean you will get back to 100% quicker. You'll need to put in the work to regain strength and get back closer to the 100% level.

At the end of the day Boeser isn't a baby. High school kids don't go home or stay home just because they are still coughing. My thinking is that Boeser is probably dealing with something that simply takes time to get better and it's not much use simply sitting out.

Reactions: Canucks1096

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
He looked fine to me, had some decent looks, hit a post...

All this fuss because Boesers name isn't on the score sheet in 2 games in combination with Pettersson scoring a bunch of points, so surely something must be wrong with Boeser....

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
This is definitely the story of the season so far.

Last year he had a zip and an accuracy to the things he did that was next level.

Now were watching a player struggling to corral pucks, taking weak shots, passing into traffic and looking slower. it's very concerning when a guy looks like a franchise player one season has his back and wrist badly injured and looks ordinary the next.

Curmudgeon

Aug 18, 2018
Appears injured and out of shape. Didn't he even admit to not doing much if any cardio over the off-season? Can't skate, shoot, or handle the puck and looks like Dorsett without the physical component so far.

Here's the positive, for a guy who's very confident in his obvious ability and has experienced in life what he has at such a young age, I believe he "gets it" and will work hard to overcome the slow start and do everything he can not to experience this again. I'm sure it's a humbling time for him and that's not a bad thing with the team's overall expectations being so low and nothing on the line. Pettersson's start is also the best thing that could have happened for Boeser under these circumstances.

Reactions: Nomobo

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
This is just embarrassing. If he is as injured as he looks, just shut him down ffs. Boeser is too gifted to be playing injured and potentially irreparably damaging his health.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
He's clearly injured, or is adjusting to game shape. His shot doesn't have the same power or accuracy as last season. He also isn't generating as many shots as did when he broke into the season.

Regardless its two games only, one good game could trigger him back. He almost had it yesterday when he hit the post.

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
I wonder if he did a Brett Sopel or Jake Virtanen workout regime - he has bulked up considerably over the summer and may have lost some of his quickness (which was not his strength anyways).

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
You can tell me Brock needs to get into game shape all you want, sure that is fair, but the shot he has (had) does not need to get into game shape. No players shot needs to get into game shape because it’s always there or it’s not there (because they never had one).

He has absolutely no shot right now and it’s because of one reason: he’s hurt. Nothing else factors into it.

His skating and him looking like a slug is different. That could be a game shape issue or simply the fact he racked on weight for some reason.

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
How different is this conversation if his backhander goes post and in rather than post and out?

Boeser gets his clutch game tying goal and gets the monkey off of his back. We all talk about how that's his style. "He's opportunistic, all he needs is one opportunity and he'll bury it"

Horvat would have had a 3rd assist.

All of a sudden things look better.

Boeser is concerning me however

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
How different is this conversation if his backhander goes post and in rather than post and out?

Boeser gets his clutch game tying goal and gets the monkey off of his back. We all talk about how that's his style. "He's opportunistic, all he needs is one opportunity and he'll bury it"

Horvat would have had a 3rd assist.

All of a sudden things look better.

Boeser is concerning me however

He looks to be in pain. Wrist taped up. Slow skate to the bench a number of times instead od back checking. They need to let him heal up. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad