Player Discussion Brock Boeser | "Back" in Action

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brock Boeser

Mar 11, 2013
A855BE3A-DAAF-4DEB-9FF1-BB3E16EE5857.jpeg

Off his brothers twitter page... was there any news about him having any work done on that wrist?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Cant wait for Brocky boy Boesers sophmore season :yo:

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Hmm...absolutely no talk about an extension. Smart GMs lock their young stars early. The longer we wait, the bigger the contract becomes.

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
Hmm...absolutely no talk about an extension. Smart GMs lock their young stars early. The longer we wait, the bigger the contract becomes.

I actually think wait and see is a good approach with Boeser. He had an incredible rookie year - good chance he hits a sophmore slump. If he replicates, I don't think it will upset anyone to pay the guy.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
I actually think wait and see is a good approach with Boeser. He had an incredible rookie year - good chance he hits a sophmore slump. If he replicates, I don't think it will upset anyone to pay the guy.
He could barely walk last we saw. I wonder how rehab from his broken back is going?

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria

Agreed. If repeats, we pay him his money anyway. I don't see an advantage to doing it right now.

He might have a slow start due to the various injuries, which could possibly keep the dollar value down too.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
The rumor is Benning has started negotiations with Boeser's camp about an extension. Obviously, we shouldn't expect to hear much right away but there's a chance he's got his extension going into the season.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
I think it would be pretty stupid to extend him now opposed to waiting until after this season, so it will almost certainly happen.

Reactions: MisfortuneCookie

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
I think it would be pretty stupid to extend him now opposed to waiting until after this season, so it will almost certainly happen.

Extend him now !

Hes going to bust out this season.

Last year he was injured, scratched and didnt play in the 1st line PP unit until a quarter past the season and even then he was still only used as a net front presence instead of the ovechkin trigger spot on the left hash.

And he still potted in 29 !

Now hes going to get PP1 and offensive zone starts all day long.

Im expecting 35 goals minimum.

Sign him now and save a few $$ on the AAV.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
Extend him now !

Hes going to bust out this season.

Last year he was injured, scratched and didnt play in the 1st line PP unit until a quarter past the season and even then he was still only used as a net front presence instead of the ovechkin trigger spot on the left hash.

And he still potted in 29 !

Now hes going to get PP1 and offensive zone starts all day long.

Im expecting 35 goals minimum.

Sign him now and save a few $$ on the AAV.

I'd be happy for him to repeat 30. He took the league by complete surprise, and that first quarter of the season is when he was more sheltered and doing more damage. He did go a bit cold after the all star break when the league finally heard about what was going on.

Contract wise, do you think he has motivation to sign pre-season? It seems like the Canucks hold the cards. If I'm his agent, I hold off until he shows that he wasn't a flash in the pan.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
It's a no brainer to try and get an extension done now before he puts up another 38 goal pace // 70+ point pace season and cements himself as a de facto first line player.

I would think that a deal similar to Pastrnak's 6yr x 6.66MM or would be a similar starting point for both sides, although that deal was signed last year before the cap inched up a bit more.

This is likely the only time we can get a "discount" deal and save ourselves some cap room for down the road to sign other players like Pettersson/Hughes assuming they pan out to their potential. And Boeser is the kind of player you need to make a strong bet on given what he's shown us already.

If you're in the wait-and-see camp, one of two things happens: he has a tremendous year, scores goals at an elite pace and ends up costing us $8MM+ a season or he regresses a bit and the Canucks are in an even tougher hole to get out of as a bottom feeder because Boeser hasn't taken another step forward—we lose in both scenarios (just in different ways).

W/r/t the above, the Canucks need every one of their current young top prospects and players to pan out to near their full potential for us to crawl out of the basement given how poor the management is at evaluating/acquiring existing NHL talent.

I would get him locked up for at least 7 years and hopefully in the 6-7MM range and make the bet that he will continue to be a 30 goal guy for this team for the majority of his 20's.

Good GMs make good bets on players they have properly evaluated, similar to Nashville's masterful cap structure.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
It's a no brainer to try and get an extension done now before he puts up another 38 goal pace // 70+ point pace season and cements himself as a de facto first line player.

I would think that a deal similar to Pastrnak's 6yr x 6.66MM or would be a similar starting point for both sides, although that deal was signed last year before the cap inched up a bit more.

This is likely the only time we can get a "discount" deal and save ourselves some cap room for down the road to sign other players like Pettersson/Hughes assuming they pan out to their potential. And Boeser is the kind of player you need to make a strong bet on given what he's shown us already.

If you're in the wait-and-see camp, one of two things happens: he has a tremendous year, scores goals at an elite pace and ends up costing us $8MM+ a season or he regresses a bit and the Canucks are in an even tougher hole to get out of as a bottom feeder because Boeser hasn't taken another step forward—we lose in both scenarios (just in different ways).

W/r/t the above, the Canucks need every one of their current young top prospects and players to pan out to near their full potential for us to crawl out of the basement given how poor the management is at evaluating/acquiring existing NHL talent.

I would get him locked up for at least 7 years and hopefully in the 6-7MM range and make the bet that he will continue to be a 30 goal guy for this team for the majority of his 20's.

Good GMs make good bets on players they have properly evaluated, similar to Nashville's masterful cap structure.
Yep. Lock this kid up 8 years asap

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour

Yeah agree completely - the tag on this kid is only going to go up - remember when everyone was complaining that we burned a year of his eligibility by bringing him up for the last 10 or 11 games? In retrospect that was a good move - as would be signing him now for as long as we possibly can. If we can get him for 6 plus years at 6-7 mill per that will be a deal in a year or 2.

Sign him for as long as we possibly can.......

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012

Boeser will only sign a long term deal reflecting that of a 40 goal scorer, PPG,all star. He won’t sign a long term deal as a 30 goal scorer, it just won’t happen.

Why not wait one more year? If he scores 40 goals and is at a point per game, then you give him the type of long term deal at the amount he is looking for, and you are more comfortable doing so because he has an additional year of success.

The idea that you can get a bargain deal right now just isn’t reality in my opinion. A young high end player like Boeser isn’t signing any long term deal right now unless he is getting paid like a 40 goal, point per game, all star.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Yeah agree completely - the tag on this kid is only going to go up - remember when everyone was complaining that we burned a year of his eligibility by bringing him up for the last 10 or 11 games? In retrospect that was a good move - as would be signing him now for as long as we possibly can. If we can get him for 6 plus years at 6-7 mill per that will be a deal in a year or 2.

Sign him for as long as we possibly can.......

Almost no one was complaining about burning a year off of Boeser’s elc. It was worth it alone to lock him up, and is standard for high profile college prospects.

Reactions: Jyrki21

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Boeser will only sign a long term deal reflecting that of a 40 goal scorer, PPG,all star. He won’t sign a long term deal as a 30 goal scorer, it just won’t happen.

Why not wait one more year? If he scores 40 goals and is at a point per game, then you give him the type of long term deal at the amount he is looking for, and you are more comfortable doing so because he has an additional year of success.

The idea that you can get a bargain deal right now just isn’t reality in my opinion. A young high end player like Boeser isn’t signing any long term deal right now unless he is getting paid like a 40 goal, point per game, all star.

I tend to agree with this.

I'd like to see another quality season before giving him a huge-money 6-8 year deal, and I don't think we're really going to get any sort of discount by signing him now.

Reactions: m9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese