WC: Broadcasting & Television

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatzka90

The Universe
Apr 14, 2009
Finland
In case people here haven't found about it yet, you should probably download HDTVPlayer, it's advertising the Worlds on the front page.

I was going to mention that, but weren't sure can you watch NBC from it. Also, how much it uses data transfer, can I watch it without lagging
when using my 1mb bandwidth?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I was going to mention that, but weren't sure can you watch NBC from it. Also, how much it uses data transfer, can I watch it without lagging
when using my 1mb bandwidth?

I don't know about that, seems it's not p2p type and there's varying qualities in streams. Some are re-streams of Sopcast streams, e.g. Bloodzeed's channel is listed there.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
tumblr_lle1yoOiZs1qafrh6.gif

Goodbye social life.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Note to self: always read the small print.

*Geo-blocked countries include: Belarus, Denmark, Estonia, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Russia, Sweden, Ukraine and the USA.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
And I yesterday bought Canal+ service...well tomorrow I'll go buy module card for my tv so I'll see the games in HD... still amazed that Finland isn't part of the blocked countries and what will be YT stream quality... but that is great news even though not for me

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Very happy that all but a few games are broadcasted in HD. That makes Tv4 having the tournament worth it.

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
Very happy that all but a few games are broadcasted in HD. That makes Tv4 having the tournament worth it.

TV4 broadcasting half the games on a channel that you can't get if you have Telia makes them having the tournament totally not worth it though.

Gr3y

Apr 10, 2007
Looks like you can add Germany to the list of geo blocked countries.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Finally got mine Canal+ HD working. Good picture and actually it's now easier to follow the game with that horrible Helsinki roof cam.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
TV4 broadcasting half the games on a channel that you can't get if you have Telia makes them having the tournament totally not worth it though.

Okay that sucks. There were similar problems for some customers with Viasat aswell though. As long as everything isn't broadcasted on "free" TV, some people get the short end of the stick sadly. For what it's worth though a month of TV4play Premium including TV4 Sport Xtra costs 99 SEK.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Ooh nice. Youtube channel works in UK - looks like there might be a station carrying it as well, got a `live hockey` prompt on BBC Two - but don`t have the channel in the hotel room that it wanted to tune to.

Unfortunately the youtube channel doesn`t work on mobile though :(

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
There is an extension available for atleast both Chrome and Firefox with which you can watch the YouTube broadcasts. It's called "YouTube Unblocker".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad