Post-Game Talk: Broad Street Bullies vs Team Missing Its Toughest Defenseman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Orlov is a very good skater himself. It's his decision making and the same mistakes over an over again.

Agree here. Orlov is an amazing skater. He just plays the game too risky right now. There was one play in the third where he actually tried to throw it into the crease cause he was corned and thankfully one of the Flyers who had him corned blocked it.

Just not good decision making, that will come with time hopefully cause he's got a cannon of a shot, amazing skater and makes some pretty awesome outlet passes.

Just needs to tone down the risky passes.

edit: also very physical for his size. I think he's a tank strength wise.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
I like Orlov's compete level. Probalby the best among any player on the team. Dude busts his ass night in and night out and its evident. I think both him and 88 are looking quite dynamic on the ice. Yaaa, both 'em of, every now and then, do something nutty that makes me clench my buttcheeks, but both have the speed to somewhat make up for most of their mistakes.

Holtbyisms

Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
I like Orlov's compete level. Probalby the best among any player on the team. Dude busts his ass night in and night out and its evident. I think both him and 88 are looking quite dynamic on the ice. Yaaa, both 'em of, every now and then, do something nutty that makes me clench my buttcheeks, but both have the speed to somewhat make up for most of their mistakes.

Agree again! I think given the fact that's who we're rolling with, come seasons end they'll be different players. More mature, more stable and less mistakes. Future looks bright for both of them actually.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Agree again! I think given the fact that's who we're rolling with, come seasons end they'll be different players. More mature, more stable and less mistakes. Future looks bright for both of them actually.

Yep, I can see both 9 and 88 chipping in offensively very nicely by the end of the season. Schmidt's got some moves.

Also I think Latta should be given every opportunity to develop. Dude does something almost every game that catches my eyes.

Holtbyisms

Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Yep, I can see both 9 and 88 chipping in offensively very nicely by the end of the season. Schmidt's got some moves.

Also I think Latta should be given every opportunity to develop. Dude does something almost every game that catches my eyes.

I think Orlov can be a top 4 player, second pairing with the right time vested. Agree on Latta as well. I've seen some puck skills from him that are shocking. I don't think he thinks the game fast enough to do anything with those moves, which is his downfall as a potential 3C...but as a really solid 4C who will throw the hands, I'm all about it.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Didn't get to see it but how did defense look without orpik?

They looked great. I dunno if its because Philly just sucks, but I think that was one of the most complete games the entire team played. Great passes. Great forchecking. Extremely physical.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
That Voracek monster contract has the potential to be absolutely terrible.
I remember Flyers fans jumping me at the main boards when I said that Voracek's probably had a career year and isn't on a level to be paid a top 10 salary in the league.. He's proving me right so far.

I would think that would be the case for pretty much any guy in the league...
:laugh:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I don't get how a guy goes from looking like one of the best forwards in the league to absolutely nothing the next season. Its so bizarre.

Fat Cat disease?

It seems rather common in the modern era. Is he giving a full effort every night like he was, playing for that contract? I will guess not.

Hopefully Hairplugs is worse than Holmgren

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Fat Cat disease?

It seems rather common in the modern era. Is he giving a full effort every night like he was, playing for that contract? I will guess not.

Hopefully Hairplugs is worse than Holmgren

Hakstol is most def looking more clueless than Berube. lulz.

Last edited:

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Always good to beat the Flyers and I was hoping Ovy would get the record against them. Two points!

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
Always good to beat the Flyers and I was hoping Ovy would get the record against them. Two points!

It would have been great that he got the record in Detroit while Feds was there but barring that, it's best he does it at home so 17000 of his friends can help him celebrate. :yo:

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Just saw the highlights, what a play by Wilson on that fifth goal. :handclap:

Also Kuznetsov looking dominant again.

Last edited:

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
That Voracek monster contract has the potential to be absolutely terrible.

And I'm loving it.

Fat Cat disease?

The guy is snakebit, but he's not playing poorly. He has 58 shots on goal through 15 games. That's tied with MacKinnon and Steen for 12th in the NHL thusfar. Things just aren't going his way. We saw it last night even. Voracek had a great chance on an odd-man break, but the puck bounced over his stick on the one-timer.

I don't think he's gonna be putting up 70 point years every season, but I don't think the deal will be terrible, either.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Orlov has all the needed tools. Just needs to calm down a little bit. There is an element of risk to his game which I don't want to see go away but the drop passes and etc.

I want to see Schmidt at the point on PP1. He QB'ed one hell of PP while at UM, and I think his mobility and passing are better suited then Carlson's.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Orlov has all the needed tools. Just needs to calm down a little bit. There is an element of risk to his game which I don't want to see go away but the drop passes and etc.

I want to see Schmidt at the point on PP1. He QB'ed one hell of PP while at UM, and I think his mobility and passing are better suited then Carlson's.

Schmidt is a left shot. The left shot has to pivot in order to receive a pass from the right half wall (Backstrom) and feed a pass to the left circle (Ovechkin) on the forehand. That pivot both delays and further telegraphs the pass to Ovechkin, making the one-timer less effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad