Fairfax, VA
6a0120a6dde087970b013489b206a9970c-pi

vs

OviBeard.jpg

OOOO (Orpik Out of Office)

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I have not liked how the caps have been playing recently and now with a big rivalry games I don't have a good feeling

foundhockey

Apr 29, 2012
Georgia, USA
I don't know what to expect for this game.

The consensus was the boys would destroy the Pens and Leafs and at least win against the Wings. So, since it seems like the Caps should beat the Flyers . . . who knows?

In any case, Ovie will score tonight!

HockeyTS32

Jun 14, 2011
I don't get how Bura can keep a top 6 spot with how awful he has been so far.

Finally some other fans are seeing what I have been seeing for most of the season. The caps are rushing him a little too much like they did to Mojo, IMO. He will obviously be a top 6 forward, but still needs to develop a lot. Still getting pushed off the puck too easily, which is understandable, but needs to bulk up. Also, seems to coast a bit too much for my liking from time to time.

You'd think the better idea would be to demote 65 to a lower line, but still keep him on PP2.

Don't quite understand Trotz taking 65 off the PP in favor of Chim. The only thing I can think of is he's maybe hoping Chim's speed will help the second unit get in the zone under control. The first PP unit has been having trouble with this, which I believe is why he is moving Kuz down to the second unit and back up to the 1st. Also, helps that Mojo has been going to the net to screen the goalie whenever Carlson or Ovie get the puck. Net front presence is something that first unit has been lacking the past few games, with the exception of Osh in the high slot.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Send Bura to Hershey and he can work on all aspects of his game. I guarantee he won't be coasting under Troy Mann. You do that and you get scratched or take a seat on the bench for the rest of the game

Apr 6, 2004
Finally some other fans are seeing what I have been seeing for most of the season. The caps are rushing him a little too much like they did to Mojo, IMO. He will obviously be a top 6 forward, but still needs to develop a lot. Still getting pushed off the puck too easily, which is understandable, but needs to bulk up. Also, seems to coast a bit too much for my liking from time to time.

Don't quite understand Trotz taking 65 off the PP in favor of Chim. The only thing I can think of is he's maybe hoping Chim's speed will help the second unit get in the zone under control. The first PP unit has been having trouble with this, which I believe is why he is moving Kuz down to the second unit and back up to the 1st. Also, helps that Mojo has been going to the net to screen the goalie whenever Carlson or Ovie get the puck. Net front presence is something that first unit has been lacking the past few games, with the exception of Osh in the high slot.

Bura has no business in Hershey but I agree with the above statement he still needs a good bit of refinement. I often read people grouping him with Kuz in terms of progress but many tend to forget Kuz playing in the KHL significantly expedited his transition to the NHL vs. Bura going to O / A to the N.

nothingbeatshockey

May 3, 2013
His main asset on PP is carrying the puck in which I guess has been a bit problem with Kuzy on pp1.

Good point, MoJo - for all his many faults - does do a better job bringing the puck into the offensive zone.

I'm more or less indifferent to that as I much prefer Kuzy once we get in the zone. What I'd rather see is Niskanen, Orlov, or just about anyone else on point. Carlson's passes to Ovechkin are hideous. It's may be the only talent the Caps fans miss from Green.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Bura has no business in Hershey but I agree with the above statement he still needs a good bit of refinement. I often read people grouping him with Kuz in terms of progress but many tend to forget Kuz playing in the KHL significantly expedited his transition to the NHL vs. Bura going to O / A to the N.

Which is exactly why I think he does belong in Hershey, at least for a stint. Not a lot of players can make that jump and although he's been terrific at times, he's mostly been invisible or worse and is not yet strong enough for NHL board play. He'd crush the A and that would be good for his growth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad