Post-Game Talk: Broad Street Bullies vs Team Missing Its Toughest Defenseman

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Schmidt is a left shot. The left shot has to pivot in order to receive a pass from the right half wall (Backstrom) and feed a pass to the left circle (Ovechkin) on the forehand. That pivot both delays and further telegraphs the pass to Ovechkin, making the one-timer less effective.

Totally unrelated, but how were the cheap seats? The crowd came across as pretty dead on TV, minus the booing. How did the arena feel live?

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Totally unrelated, but how were the cheap seats? The crowd came across as pretty dead on TV, minus the booing. How did the arena feel live?

I had a blast. Granted, I went with a group of friends (all Flyers fans), and ended up with a pair of Caps fans on the other side of me (who accidentally got beer spilled on them when my friend jumped up and accidentally hit the can I was holding, sorry guys!!!).

In general, it was pretty quiet for a Flyers game, but keep in mind this was a really poor showing from the Flyers coming off the heels of getting destroyed by Colorado on Tuesday. There were quite a few isolated voices, some of which were cheering the Flyers on, others were shouting insults at the ice. A lot of good humor from the nosebleeds (though much of it came from my friend, who was spitting off a constant chorus of hilarious comments about the Flyers' ineptitude). The only real negativity shown was by two jerkwads a few rows in front of us who kept berating someone in a Backstrom jersey, then got upset for someone "sitting in their seats" (half the row away???). Fortunately, those two jerkwads left after Ovie's non-goal.

While there are always a handful of jackasses in any crowd, I actually quite like the upper bowl Flyers diehards typically. A lot of funny people. It's usually a pretty animated crowd, this was the second quietest game I've been too (the other being the blowout where Carcillo gave us the 9 minute powerplay a few years back).

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I had a blast. Granted, I went with a group of friends (all Flyers fans), and ended up with a pair of Caps fans on the other side of me (who accidentally got beer spilled on them when my friend jumped up and accidentally hit the can I was holding, sorry guys!!!).

In general, it was pretty quiet for a Flyers game, but keep in mind this was a really poor showing from the Flyers coming off the heels of getting destroyed by Colorado on Tuesday. There were quite a few isolated voices, some of which were cheering the Flyers on, others were shouting insults at the ice. A lot of good humor from the nosebleeds (though much of it came from my friend, who was spitting off a constant chorus of hilarious comments about the Flyers' ineptitude). The only real negativity shown was by two jerkwads a few rows in front of us who kept berating someone in a Backstrom jersey, then got upset for someone "sitting in their seats" (half the row away???). Fortunately, those two jerkwads left after Ovie's non-goal.

While there are always a handful of jackasses in any crowd, I actually quite like the upper bowl Flyers diehards typically. A lot of funny people. It's usually a pretty animated crowd, this was the second quietest game I've been too (the other being the blowout where Carcillo gave us the 9 minute powerplay a few years back).

Good stuff. I did a year of prep school in Philly and watching sporting events with Philly fans is an event in and of itself. I've found a lot of similarities to what you mentioned; they're pretty docile when they suck... but when they're good the juices start flowing and **** gets interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad