GDT: Brisket v Vinegar | 7 PM | Rally, NC

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
GG guys. Lack was great tonight, Eric Staal's physical game with the puck is still really impressive, and I would do anything to have Hanifin on our blue line--- he's gonna be good.

I've only been to the Raleigh-Durham area once for soccer, but I definitely have to make it out for a Stars-Canes game in the future.

Southern hospitality being reciprocated back is always a good thing.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
GG guys. Lack was great tonight, Eric Staal's physical game with the puck is still really impressive, and I would do anything to have Hanifin on our blue line--- he's gonna be good.

I've only been to the Raleigh-Durham area once for soccer, but I definitely have to make it out for a Stars-Canes game in the future.

And you can get the best BBQ while you're here.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB

I am dissapointed we lost, but solid win for you guys and you look like you'll be handing out your share of ass kickings this year. I hope you guys go far :)

And yes. Southern hospitality ftw :)

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Remember that whole "Canes are only 1 point out of a playoff spot" thing a while back. They are now closer to last place: 3 points ahead of Toronto with only CLB and TOR with worse records, than they are to a playoff spot: 5 points back with 5 teams in front of them for the final spot. Still early enough in the season to turn it around (or at least remain in the hunt), but maybe, as the proverbial Denny Green said, "They are who we thought they were".

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Remember that whole "Canes are only 1 point out of a playoff spot" thing a while back. They are now closer to last place: 3 points ahead of Toronto with only CLB and TOR with worse records, than they are to a playoff spot: 5 points back with 5 teams in front of them for the final spot. Still early enough in the season to turn it around (or at least remain in the hunt), but maybe, as the proverbial Denny Green said, "They are who we thought they were".

We've only played two games since then. Calm down :)

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
We've only played two games since then. Calm down :)

:laugh: So you go post a thread on the main board about the Canes only being 1 game out of the playoffs after only 11 games are played, and now you are complaining about sample sizes. That's priceless CI.

My post was intended to point out exactly that. Touting about being in the playoff hunt after 11 games is just as ridiculous as saying they are out of it after 13.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
:laugh: So you go post a thread on the main board about the Canes only being 1 game out of the playoffs after only 11 games are played, and now you are complaining about sample sizes. That's priceless CI.

My post was intended to point out exactly that. Touting about being in the playoff hunt after 11 games is just as ridiculous as saying they are out of it after 13.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Bit late to the party here. I went to this game and it was only the second I've watched this year, so my knowledge of the team is poor.

I personally thought that Eric and Jordan played very well, but that Elias Lindholm didn't add much at all to their line. The play died on his stick a few times and he took way too long to make decisions with the puck.

On D, I thought Justin Faulk was a monster for most of the night. Man he can break it out of the zone really well. I also more or less liked Ryan Murphy. However, I couldn't help but notice Hanifin in the worst way. He made all kinds of questionable decisions with and without the puck from what I saw. He looked very, very overmatched in this game. Brett Pesce looked solid, though unspectacular.

Edit - lastly, I thought Eddie Lack was pretty good. I couldn't pin any of the goals against him. Oddly enough, I'd say he outplayed Lehtonen in the night, despite having a much worse save percentage. Lehtonen was a rebound machine, we just couldn't get close enough to the net to capitalize on them.

I'm curious to see if others saw the same or different in this game. Thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad