GDT: Brisket v Vinegar | 7 PM | Rally, NC

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
Per Chip, no decision yet on goalies.

I'm thinking this game is not going to go very well. Dallas has won 3 of the last 4 in Raleigh. And we don't seem to do well against teams that play off the rush (see BOLTS).

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Per Chip, no decision yet on goalies.

I'm thinking this game is not going to go very well. Dallas has won 3 of the last 4 in Raleigh. And we don't seem to do well against teams that play off the rush (see BOLTS).

This is going to go poorly. They should probably start Lack to keep Ward fresh for Ottawa. He owns the Sens and the Stars torment him, even when they aren't that good.

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
This is going to go poorly. They should probably start Lack to keep Ward fresh for Ottawa. He owns the Sens and the Stars torment him, even when they aren't that good.

That's what I was thinking. Could be a real blowout if they start Lack.

I've watched a few Stars games lately and holy crap are they fast. It seems like they can carry the puck into the zone in about three seconds whereas it would take the Canes like at least three tries.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I kinda want to watch the Stars feed of this game to see if we get another "poop through a diarrhea infected goose" moment

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I kinda want to watch the Stars feed of this game to see if we get another "poop through a diarrhea infected goose" moment

Listening to Darryl Reaugh just makes me sad that we could have had he and John for all these years. Though in that scenario you probably ran the risk of them being the best duo in the business 10 years ago and moving on to bigger and better things.

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
On a side note, I realized the Stars' forum is completely dead. You would think they were the franchise with the longest playoff drought.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
On a side note, I realized the Stars' forum is completely dead. You would think they were the franchise with the longest playoff drought.

All of our mods were kicked, and a ton of our long time members were banned by Canucks fans and their buddies who were also Admins and Global Mods.

They were mad that we had a different opinion on the Benn/Seguin "Sedins are weird" drama than they did, and they started using HF-rule technicalities, that are never enforced, as grounds to kick us all out.

So we created our own new website to talk Stars hockey. It was a pretty big hack job, but oh well, what are you gonna do...

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
All of our mods were kicked, and a ton of our long time members were banned by Canucks fans and their buddies who were also Admins and Global Mods.

They were mad that we had a different opinion on the Benn/Seguin "Sedins are weird" drama than they did, and they started using HF-rule technicalities, that are never enforced, as grounds to kick us all out.

So we created our own new website to talk Stars hockey. It was a pretty big hack job, but oh well, what are you gonna do...

#StarsHFBMembersLivesMatter

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
The funny thing is their board seems to have only slightly less activity than ours, at least judging from the last post dates.

Just imagine if our little group got lined up and banhammered like that. There'd be nobody left. We'd probably have the same threads sit on page 1 for a year.

caniac247

Nov 1, 2006
Raleigh
So the Stars top line of Benn/Sequin/Spezza have a combined 52 scoring points. The Canes whole forward group has 48 scoring points.

This game is going to be a massacre.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
The funny thing is their board seems to have only slightly less activity than ours, at least judging from the last post dates.

Just imagine if our little group got lined up and banhammered like that. There'd be nobody left. We'd probably have the same threads sit on page 1 for a year.

Won't be happening though, I can't see something like that happening to another board with the current Admin team... hell I was honestly shocked it happened in the first place.

Also can we just all agree that Texas frigin owns all for beef (I'd kill for some brisket right now... literally... just let me know who to off), and that NC frigin owns for pork?

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
Beef? no question Texas is better.
Pork? no way.

Yes.

Won't be happening though, I can't see something like that happening to another board with the current Admin team... hell I was honestly shocked it happened in the first place.

This is just making me more and more curious to read the actual discussions around what happened at the time. I suspect I don't have access to some of them, though.

Also can we just all agree that Texas frigin owns all for beef (I'd kill for some brisket right now... literally... just let me know who to off), and that NC frigin owns for pork?

Yes.

Also, our beer league team is beerless since you haven't been coming out lately. I has a sad.

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
Wow, I had no idea about that drama. That's pretty pathetic.

Didn't someone start a thread on the main board one year that we were the best team ever or something like that. Surprised we didn't get banned for that.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015

A friend of mine that is no longer on here made the connection between Eklund and HF a couple years back and he was kicked with a quickness. Paraphrasing but a former (or maybe current but changed his name) admin was the one who administered and built Eklund's site.

Nevertheless...hope to see a good game tonight.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Yes.

This is just making me more and more curious to read the actual discussions around what happened at the time. I suspect I don't have access to some of them, though.

Yes.

Also, our beer league team is beerless since you haven't been coming out lately. I has a sad.

Yeah, what I thought was a mild knee tweak has become a nagging issue since. I'm hoping to be able to get back on skates by the end of the month. :(

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW

There are only 3-4 people that post on it now. It might as well be dead.

It was the craziest thing when it happened. It was like they went on a rager and were trying to make examples out of us for no reason. Completely killed a thriving sub-forum.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad