GDT: BRING THE HATE - Habs Vs Bruins GAME 1 7:30 CBC RDS NBCSN - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
That's a weak call. Sorry. Especially in Double OT.

And, the real infuriating part, is that stuff like that was let go the other way, in overtime.

If that's a penalty then they missed a lot on Montreal before that.

When you wrap your arm around a player like that, it is almost an automatic call.

Bearclaw

Jul 25, 2013
California
It's just one game, fellas. I felt worse after Game 1 against Detroit than this ****show. I still believe we pull this off in 6.

Win Game 2 and steal one in Montreal and we have this ****.

David Krejci*

Don't know why people are all over Bartkowski. That was a chincy call, especially in double OT after they ignored a too many men on Montreal. It's the Bruins' fault for leaving the door open by not burying GOLDEN chances. Price made some big saves, but the Bruins whiffed (sometimes literally) on some wide open nets.

Also Rask has to have the Boullion shot. He got a clean look at it and it just beat him, can't have that. The Bourque shot five hole was questionable too, but it was a deceptive quick release on a 2 on 1, so it's excusable. But he has to have the Boullion goal.

Agarest

Dec 5, 2011
Stop complaining about the calls. I hope Julien gives it to them about missed opportunities, they didn't seem urgent until that third.

member 96824

Sure, but they had already not called plays that looked like penalties in the overtimes. Why is that one any worse than some of the others?

You decide to put the whistles away, make sure they only come out on a no-brainer.

It's true...but wouldn't something directly in front of the net qualify as a no brainer?

Some interference in the neutral zone is whatever in OT...but a play like that in front of the net with the puck on the stick will be called tighter. Like I said, if that was say Lucic wrapping around, I'd be livid if it wasn't called.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
come on people quit crying about the refs. They only had one more PP than the Bruins and none of the calls were bad.

I'm as fast as anyone to complain about the refs after a bad game, but tonight they were fine. Bruins need to be better. If the Bruins played periods 1 and 2 like they played period 3 then they win this game in regulation. It's their own fault it ended up in OT.

And Krejci was equal parts encouraging and infuriating. He was making plays and finding space all over, but the infuriating part is that he was trying to be too fancy instead of just getting the puck to the net.

I thought Smith was maybe the Bruins best forward. This kid has shown me that his late season slump was nothing more than that...a slump. He's playing really well now and looks much better than Marchand IMO.

Nabru

Aug 29, 2009
I dunno, I can see why the refs would call it...especially in real time. Either way oh well, take game 2 and send it to the land of the midgets tied up

Yes, thing is, this stuff is happening at the other end of the rink too. Eriksso, Soderberg, and Bergeron come to mind. It conveniently gets overlooked, even when Boston is in Montreal's end the whole m-fing night.

Molson is on crack, not the drug, but that little tiger named Gary.

KrazyLegs

Registered Dude
Jun 12, 2011
Westminster, MA
I really hope they don't come out tentative on Sat. They need to lay the lumber early. I would rather them be over-aggressive than over-conservative.

bruins_19

Dec 1, 2004
One thing that bothers me the most over the years. I never see goaltending like that in any other games other than the Bruins. Its just so typical. don't get me wrong price played great but sometimes it feels like we couldn't beat a junior goalie

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I don't give a **** if it was legit or not. I give a **** about consistency. I and many others probably wouldn't be complaining as much if the calls were consistent on both sides. But no, the refs choose to just ignore all the infractions by habs players and decides to call everything that the bruins players do.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
The officiating in this league is a joke, does anybody think Montreal would have that called on them in their building, their would be a riot. Because of that **** call our season is basically on the line Saturday.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
When you wrap your arm around a player like that, it is almost an automatic call.

Look carefully. He has both hands on his stick, stick on the ice. Almost impossible to have someone wrapped up.

The Hab was leaning into him while Bart was leaning on his back with his forearm. That was why he went down. But Bart never had a loose arm to actually "wrap" around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad