Post-Game Talk: Bring over some of your old Motown Records; 5-2@OTT

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
winning will def make kane more interested
IMO, he can be interested all he wants, but I don't know that adding an aging forward with lackluster defensive play makes us better.

But that's just me. Stevie gets paid the big bucks to make those decisions.

• Love
Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I always thought it was an issue of assertiveness or confidence rather than talent or IQ.
I really think it has to do with being tied to Gagner's hip and having Blash as his rookie coach. He was taught to play eventless hockey, and he did. I like how he charged the net on both goals, going for the goal instead of playing it safe. So maybe he's changing up his approach to the game. I'm sure Stevie giving him less than his QO opened his eyes a bit.

No stars or goats for me since I forgot it was an early game and just watched highlights. "Not 1C" Larkin sure looks happy, glad to see it. In fact, the whole team seems pretty dang happy, winning will do that, lol.

BTW, did anyone else notice the Wings actually lead the league in goals so far? Not something I would have expected even 5 games in.

"I mean Detroit is worse than I thought. They barely put up a fight lol. They had a goalie and a PP"
That's actually all you need to make the playoffs, ask Ovechkin.

• Love
Reactions: CWilson

The Flying Octopus

Sep 18, 2017
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Was hanging in the Sens GDT for a minute, this guy should be prescribed 50mgs of Copium.

"I mean Detroit is worse than I thought. They barely put up a fight lol. They had a goalie and a PP"

Huss
Larks
Joey V
I saw that. Got hit w a trolling warning due to me not keeping my yapper shut. I had to say something

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
Here's my metaphor for today:

Last season the team had a gas pedal and 4 gears. They were quite capable of stomping the gas to the floor but the top end and how fast they got there was limited by that 4th gear.

This year they seem to have a gas pedal and 5 gears. Now when they floor it, the team jumps.

Last year's team would have seen that they got outplayed most of the 1st period and would have come out in the 2d and would have mashed that pedal down to the floor for more scoring and more separation with a lead, but they could only go so fast. This year - they hit it and get results.

So far these have been game changing results. Maybe some of it's been "Don't underestimate these guys, boys - they are not the same team as last year." "Yeah, sure coach. So anyway, where're we eating after the game?" Maybe they get one of those once for each team they play this season. :)

We know they will even out, get beat some, even take a whuppin' occasionally, but barring key injuries I think they can run with the big boys a bit this season. Only time will tell how far.

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
Here's my metaphor for today:

Last season the team had a gas pedal and 4 gears. They were quite capable of stomping the gas to the floor but the top end and how fast they got there was limited by that 4th gear.

This year they seem to have a gas pedal and 5 gears. Now when they floor it, the team jumps.

Last year's team would have seen that they got outplayed most of the 1st period and would have come out in the 2d and would have mashed that pedal down to the floor for more scoring and more separation with a lead, but they could only go so fast. This year - they hit it and get results.

So far these have been game changing results. Maybe some of it's been "Don't underestimate these guys, boys - they are not the same team as last year." "Yeah, sure coach. So anyway, where're we eating after the game?" Maybe they get one of those once for each team they play this season. :)

We know they will even out, get beat some, even take a whuppin' occasionally, but barring key injuries I think they can run with the big boys a bit this season. Only time will tell how far.
Key injuries then we still have guys ready for call ups and we're getting Patrick Kane 😉

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Not to take away from that fun afternoon ass whoopin, but when our pp comes down to earth or if we face them in a setting where the refs swallow their whistles, then I think we'd be in trouble against that Senators club.

We never did match their intensity, just took the wind out of their sails with a lethal pp that, for the first time in forever, might actually be a deterrent from teams who like to goon it up.

3stars:
3. Rasmussen - didn't show on the score sheet, but he came to play and seemed really hard to play against. He's going to be a post season battler.
2. Veleno - With set ups like he had, he'd be the goat if he didn't bury them. But he did and 2 goals gets you a star.
1. Larkin - He's just making everything happen, his confidence is off the charts right now and he was clearly the best player on the ice today. Again.

Edit: yea, I forgot about Husso, but won't change it now. A very solid game from him.

Last edited:

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
I hope this momentum keeps up and isn't just a Sabre-esque October run. Team chemistry looks really good.

I havent been to Detroit in 4 years, but if they can make the post-season I will be back at LCA come hell or high water.

EDIT: Patrick Kane is cooked and sucks now. Not sure why everyone wants him so bad. Besides if current trends hold then McDavid might be available lol.

• Love
Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Husso
Larkin
Veleno

I saw that. Got hit w a trolling warning due to me not keeping my yapper shut. I had to say something
Hey I'm as petty as anyone when it comes to Sens fans behavior (see my posts in Around the League and late in the GDT) but I beg of you not to be stirring things up in their forum.

I'm not a mod or anything so this is purely a polite request as a fellow Wings fan, but the last thing I want is them wandering over here to do the same plus I think it's a bad look for our fanbase.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Husso
Larkin
Veleno

Hey I'm as petty as anyone when it comes to Sens fans behavior (see my posts in Around the League and late in the GDT) but I beg of you not to be stirring things up in their forum.

I'm not a mod or anything so this is purely a polite request as a fellow Wings fan, but the last thing I want is them wandering over here to do the same plus I think it's a bad look for our fanbase.
I feel like a good rule of thumb is to never post in another team's forum unless you are a fan of them as well. I don't even like the "I come in peace I like your team have a nice day" posts - not that I see them as bad people it just seems pointless.

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
Husso
Veleno
Larkin

Justin Holl and Klim Kostin are the ONLY wings that have played without a point.

Thats amazing.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I was watching the goals again

1st goal in the 7 seconds the Wings scored off the faceoff all 5 players on the PP touched the puck
2nd goal - watching the replay it cuts to the Wings bench and you see Holl ask "what happened?" which made me chuckle
4th goal again all 5 guys on the PP touched the puck within 5 seconds of the puck going in the net, insane puck movement

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Husso
Larkin
Veleno

This. The mains are for trolling the fanbases of other teams. But an invasion of their forum makes us fair game and they outnumber us 100 to 1 on here.

I feel like a good rule of thumb is to never post in another team's forum unless you are a fan of them as well. I don't even like the "I come in peace I like your team have a nice day" posts - not that I see them as bad people it just seems pointless.

The “I come in peace” posts I’m fine with, honestly. It’s when other fans come here and create trade proposals and other pointless threads that gets annoying.

Reactions: RRhoads and Ezekial

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
That should shut the fake fans up for awhile

Yea, playoffs
The fake fans are the ones that follow the team only when they're good.

I've been here through the shitty years, and just because we hated on shitty players like Cholo, Svech, or Zadina doesn't mean we want the team to fail. I wanted the shitty players moved out, and we're mostly there now.

As negative as I've been on a lot of players, I've always maintained that DBoss is a true 1C. Now that he has a legit first line winger, it's pretty obvious.

Reactions: dalem177

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Thanks for picking up the slack Willy.

If I don’t post before game is over I’m awol. Anyone feel free to post up the post game thread.

Posters are getting a little sloppy with the replies though. If it’s not a name of a redwing with a 1,2 or 3 (or in that assumed order) it gets ignored. I can’t track the power play or the Zamboni driver. I can’t apply values to players “in some order” or “all first stars”. Just colour between the lines folks.

But hopefully the activity lasts as I think it would be cool to look back at it as the season goes.

1. Husso
2. Ghost
3. Veleno

And Ogee, 77 games to go. We’ll get our chance.

Last edited:

AussieWings

Oct 12, 2018
Melbourne
I really haven't felt a lot of passion watching hockey, because pretty much all I've ever watched is a trash Wings team. Last year, when the Senators humiliated us, I was actually a bit angry, and definitely wanted revenge. I enjoyed that, because it meant I could see enough potential to actual care about losing.

Coming into this game, I wasn't sure whether I'd sustained those feelings, but the once the game was on, I really wanted this win. And what I ended up enjoying more than the win itself, is how we went about it.

I usually stay out of these ratings, because I know I don't really know what I'm talking about, but I'm in for this one.

1. Husso
2. Larkin
3. Veleno

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad