Post-Game Talk: Bring over some of your old Motown Records; 5-2@OTT

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Seider doesn't fight because he really doesn't need to. If he fought tkachuk in this scenario, then he would be off the ice for 5 minutes while he is one of the best PKers we have. So it really doesn't show any benefit to do so. He'll get roughing calls a lot if the refs get trigger happy.

Ras isn't a big pker for us. He saw an opportunity to get tkachuk off the ice for 5 minutes and took it. Don't fully agree with the 2 minute call on him but I guess it could go either way.

The only time Seider has truly "gotten into it" is usually around the net after the whistle and an opponent is too close to our goalie. One time, Crosby took an extra wack (seider's first year) and seider flat out punched crosby in the face and crosby started whining to the ref. If I remember correctly, seider pouted or did something to insinuate the "crybaby" crosby face.

On wednesday, seider got into it with Malkin, same situation as the one I said above. He is just very good at getting under your skin when he really isn't even trying to get under your skin (or the player he is interacting with is trying to get under his, doesn't really work). There's a difference because Tkachuk intentionally seeks out to get under players skins (both tkachuk's) and seider just does it naturally, mainly because he is just a hefty body that can show some type of intimidation.

tldr: not really lol.

You go into the Ottawa forum and post this - you said Ras ins't a big PKer for us?

You realize he's a top PKer for us right? #3 for forwards.

Ras was out there short handed more than Larkin and almost as much as Compher. Hell, he was on the PK yesterday more than Seider. Such a clueless take.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
We took advantage of our chances, but we played really poorly for most of this game. Ottawa didn't get too many great chances, but we sucked all night other than the goals.

• Haha
Reactions: Sentinel

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
You go into the Ottawa forum and post this - you said Ras ins't a big PKer for us?

Ras was out there short handed more than Larkin and almost as much as Compher. Hell, he was on the PK yesterday more than Seider. Such a clueless take.

Those guys should really stay out of other teams forums honestly, for those that do. I don't like when they come to ours and talk shit, so why talk shit/defend stuff as no one there wants to here it, nor should they. That is why we have our own forums.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Yeah. I was in the ready to move on camp for sure.

Thats part of the issue with this board. The majority of the season last year Veleno was 22 years old with 100 nhl games played and multiple people are in here saying they were ready to ship him out. Not everyone hits the NHL and is lighting it up, give guys like Veleno and Rasmussen time to develop and theyll be contributors on a good team. Not everyone is going to develop into a top 6 player either but Veleno does a lot of stuff that could make him a stud third liner

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Why is Maatta being used as the worst of the 7 D? 13 minutes as the 7th guy last night. I don't get it, I see a nice calm defender who is definitely better than the other 3 guys who play more than him. Also, Kostin not really being given a chance at only 6 minutes a game while Czarnik is playing in the lineup.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
I’m still trying to figure out Raymond…Will he round out as a point producer in the mold of Kane/Marner, or should he watch how his teammate Perron plays the wing ( as in a bit more bite to his game)…

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
I’m still trying to figure out Raymond…Will he round out as a point producer in the mold of Kane/Marner, or should he watch how his teammate Perron plays the wing ( as in a bit more bite to his game)…
I guess the positive outlook would be he is getting chances and I don't think his play has been bad at all. But yeah didn't expect Veleno to have more goals right now.

Reactions: FMichael

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
Even though I wish we had been able to draft him, it's really embarrassing how much Stützle flops and whines. He was also completely brutal defensively in this one, directly or indirectly responsible for at least 3 goals.
When/if he matures out of these bad habits he'll be a beast.
Yeah, I noticed how bad he was defensively yesterday.

I remember that draft, and how I screamed and cursed when Ottawa came up one spot before us, and took him. And it seemed apparent from Yzerman's face that he was screaming and cursing inside too -- he'd never admit that, of course, but I'm willing to bet that Stutzle would have been his pick.

After yesterday I'll be more at peace with that draft.

Maybe he just had a bad game, but I'm thinking he was overmatched and would be better suited to either 2C or first line wing. I don't remember Zetterberg or Datsyuk ever looking that bad defensively, unless they were up against Jerome Iginla or some other HOF level guy on a tear. And in those cases you could tell that it wasn't poor defensive play, just overwhelming offensive talent on the other side.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

He is still a little too perimeter to me. Most offence happens on the inside and he hangs too much to the outside.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
He is still a little too perimeter to me. Most offence happens on the inside and he hangs too much to the outside.
Good eye…His glorious opportunity with a half empty net he shoots right into Korpisalo chest…Gotta bury those chances.

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
Veleno
Larkin
Husso

No SpaceGoat. No SpaceGoat. Can't believe I'm saying that.

AHHHHHRRGGHH LAUNCH HOLL AND KOSTIN INTO THE APPROACHING DEVIL COMET WITH A DUAL TREBUCHET
It's pretty wild when you then look at the Oilers, and I believe only 8 or 9 players have a point on the season. Including only 6 forwards

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Kane/Marner? Highly unlikely. This season he could/should have way more points though. He’s looking like a player ready to breakout in a real way.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Good eye…His glorious opportunity with a half empty net he shoots right into Korpisalo chest…Gotta bury those chances.
Yup. He's been a little Zadina'd so far this season. I can't remember which game but he flubbed a wide open net as well.

Things go a little differently and he's sitting on 3 goals in 5 games and we're not talking about it. hopefully he keeps shooting and starts burying these chances.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Raymond is playing like Zadina, lol. Meanwhile Joey taking it to the net and scoring. Opposite of what you would have expected.

With so many guys scoring, a little slow start from Ray isn't gonna hurt the team. He bulked up during the summer, now he needs to learn how to use it.

Reactions: Oddbob

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012

Yeah, I was wrong and admitted it.

Glad we are keeping everyone accountable!

Also, I was probably having last year more in my mind than this year. He did 95 minutes all year vs seiders 212 minutes. So there's that.

1698075642676.png

DoMakc

Jun 28, 2006
Yeah, I was wrong and admitted it.

Glad we are keeping everyone accountable!

Also, I was probably having last year more in my mind than this year. He did 95 minutes all year vs seiders 212 minutes. So there's that.

View attachment 756614
- Rasmussen is a forward and should be compared to Copp/Larkin and not Seider
- He played 56 games and not 80, so SH TOI is not as relevant as TOI/GP
- Due to him missing games other forwards had to play more on PK, which skews this view to a degree.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad