GDT: "Bring on the Legion of Doom" Edition; Sabres vs Flyers - 11/21/18

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Housley has them playing an attacking style that can compete in a SCF. He has them believing in themselves and playing with confidence. What TF else you want?!?
Well I will agree to disagree, if this team doesn't get all star goaltending they arent going 7 against Tampa.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Cut the crap, the team is playing for themselves to undo ****ty season prior, not Housley. Your crap choice for a coach is riding their coattails.

The culture change is more Botterill than Housley.

I think Housley is a pretty cheap coach and the team is winning despite him, not because of him. That said, the teams winning, who cares what he does/doesnt do at this point, because it's working. Hes not going anywhere if they continue to win, fancy stats be damned, it's just not a hill to die on at this point.

Be happy they won a game they were supposed to even though they played 40 minutes of crap hockey. Every team goes into a shell with a 4 goal lead after the first. They have to learn to win playing prevent hockey if they wanna win in the playoffs against teams like Tampa and Toronto, let them work out how to do that now vs teams like the Flyers

Reactions: sabrebuild

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Well I will agree to disagree, if this team doesn't get all star goaltending they arent going 7 against Tampa.
I don’t think a single person here expects them to win a series against Tampa. The focus is on the fact that the gm has brought in players that the coach can use in his system and the key players have the talent to be difference makers.
Imagine what we’ll look like in a year or two when botts is able to fill this roster out completely to their needs.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Really?!? The Sabres are winning. The crowd is giving a standing ovation. And you have to come in like old Buffalo News and bring in a critique?

......I agree BTW.

Just observing the play of a individual which happened to be the last or 2nd last shift of the game. (After the ENG, Phil must have thought "whew, now it's safe to give Beaulieu one last shift!")

Sorry but it takes me so long to type and post that the game was already over by the time this was added to the thread. :laugh:

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
G
7 straight
1st period
ERod/Larry
Hutton
Jack with the hustle play to end it
Mitts being a puck hound

B
2nd and some of the 3rd
Beaulieu/Sobotka

U
Lyon

Oops, wrong thread

Last edited:

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
I don’t think a single person here expects them to win a series against Tampa. The focus is on the fact that the gm has brought in players that the coach can use in his system and the key players have the talent to be difference makers.
Imagine what we’ll look like in a year or two when botts is able to fill this roster out completely to their needs.

*to the tune of "Imagine" by John Lennon*
imagine no Bogosian
it's easy if you try

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
When you are so full of hate you can’t think rationally
There were bound to be a few holdouts from the offseason still clutching to the idea of staying mad and unabashedly pessimistic... for as long as possible and no matter how unnecessary it may seem... so they can quote themselves later when the team inevitably has a rough stretch as being the one guy who didn't "drink the kool aid" and "saw things for what they really were". And win all that sweet sweet internet cred.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad