GDT: "Bring on the Legion of Doom" Edition; Sabres vs Flyers - 11/21/18

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Last shift on the ice shows me just how poor a defenseman Beaulieu is. Really, he's not NHL caliber in any shape or way.....

He's frustrating to watch. He'll move with the puck and the flash of his speed is enticing. Or he'll pinch into a seam, creating a shooting opportunity.

And then he'll trip over his own feet while turning in the corner. Or he'll lose his man. Or he'll leave his feet to make face-down snow angels. Or he'll trip skating backwards into the dasher. Or he'll make a bad pinch.

I'm hoping to see Pilut at some point in this 3-in-4 stretch.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

Post-Game Report: 11/21 vs. Philadelphia

Final Score
1st2nd3rdOTSOFinalSOG
Flyers
(9-10-2)
Sabres
(14-6-2)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Game Summary
Event Summary

Top Notes
  • Buffalo now has its first seven-game winning streak since the team won its first 10 games of the 2006-07 season.
  • With an 8-2-0 record in their last 10 games, the Sabres have eight wins in a 10-game stretch for the first time since the last 10 games of the 2010-11 season.
  • The Sabres are 7-2-1 through 10 home games, their best 10-game start to the home schedule since their identical 7-2-1 start at home in 2009-10.
  • Carter Hutton extended his win streak to a career-best six games. In those games, he has posted .933 save percentage and a 1.99 goals-against average.
  • With his goal tonight, Jeff Skinner now has nine points (5+4) in his last six home games.
  • Kyle Okposo’s assist on Tage Thompson’s goal gives him six points (1+5) in his last six games. Okposo now has a point in each of his last three home contests.
  • Evan Rodrigues’ goal tonight was his third career power-play tally. With two points tonight (1+1), he now has four points (1+3) in his last four games.
  • Rasmus Dahlin’s assist on Rodrigues’ goal gives him six points (1+5) in his last six games.
  • With a goal and an assist tonight, Sam Reinhart now has 10 points (2+8) in his last nine games.
Tonight’s Goaltenders

Tonight’s Stats
TeamGoaltenderDecisionSV%GAA
FlyersLyon
Pickard
L
ND
SabresHuttonW.9202.00
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Updated Season Stats
TeamGoaltenderRecordSV%GAA
FlyersLyon
Pickard
0-1-0
3-1-2
SabresHutton10-6-1.9172.57
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Post-Game Audio
Sabres head coach Phil Housley
Sabres forward Evan Rodrigues
Sabres forward Jack Eichel
Flyers head coach Dave Hakstol
Flyers forward Scott Laughton
Flyers forward Claude Giroux
Flyers defenseman Christian Folin

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
jhtqqc.jpg

PlaintiveIndolentAvians-small.gif

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Caught the game on replay, knowing we won but not who and how.

First period was the best period I have seen them play shift by shift since at least pre rebuild. Fantastic. I fist bumped like I was Pauly d at the Johan goal and fight combo.

Pretty embarrassing to freak out about Housley for an nhl team getting it together to press a team with a big lead. Pretty standard for just about every team in this league. Why get wound up during one of the most entertaining games of the year.

If you need a reason to be annoyed by Housley, just look at Erod playing like a stud for most of the game, minus that idiotic spin pass on the pp in the third period.

Ready for Sobotka to sit and let Erod center that line when Berglund is healthy.

Reactions: 1point21Gigawatts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad