Proposal: Bring Lack Back

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
They won't bring him back.

Usually where theres smoke there is fire and there were some pretty strong allegations that his character and sense of humour wasn't exactly appreciated by all in the dressing room.

I could see that. I always got the impression that he didn't take his job seriously enough. His twitter bromance with Luongo was just weird too IMO.

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
I wouldn't be surprised to see Carolina send lack to the AHL, they really do not have anything else close to ready under contract.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
They won't bring him back.

Usually where theres smoke there is fire and there were some pretty strong allegations that his character and sense of humour wasn't exactly appreciated by all in the dressing room.

Did not hear. Source please.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Guaranteed if you go into the season with Markstrom and Lack as your goaltending tandem...before the end of the year, Demko is up in the NHL being ruined by throwing him into the fire before he's ready, behind a bad team in a bad, desperate situation.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I could see that. I always got the impression that he didn't take his job seriously enough. His twitter bromance with Luongo was just weird too IMO.

I also heard he was a regular on Granville Street/Gastown/Yaletown scene. He loved to party from time to time..

DustyMartellaughs

Flashing the leather.
Jun 12, 2009
Dawson Creek, BC
This is veering into character assassination. Maybe he's not a great goalie, but having a sense of humour and liking the nightlife does not make one a bad teammate.

jonnygf40

Oct 23, 2009
Oh gawd no. Hell no. Lack sucks.

Again people, this isnt so much a push to bring Lack in, but to stockpile the draft picks. The Canucks should be making 3 or 4 of these moves this year, get as many picks as possible.

Lack and a 3rd for a 7th
Garrison and a 2nd for Sautner
Niemi/Lehtonen, a 2nd and 4th for Cassels
etc, etc, etc.

The Canucks NEED to increase their odds of drafting young core players, and the only way to do that is to get as many picks as humanly possible. We are going to suck for multiple years. We are going to have cap space for multiple years. We may as well put it to good use, so when the Sedins leave we have a plethora of young players who are able to step in and fill their shoes. Dahlen, Boeser, and Goldobin are nice, but in no way a lock to help this team going forward. They could just be the first wave of young players trying out to be impactful players for this team .... if management play their cards right.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
Again people, this isnt so much a push to bring Lack in, but to stockpile the draft picks. The Canucks should be making 3 or 4 of these moves this year, get as many picks as possible.

he wont understand. that guy doesnt understand anything other than the exact course benning is taking and then the only think i think he thinks is "its good"

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010

Lack and a 3rd for a 7th
Garrison and a 2nd for Sautner
Niemi/Lehtonen, a 2nd and 4th for Cassels
etc, etc, etc.

The Canucks NEED to increase their odds of drafting young core players, and the only way to do that is to get as many picks as humanly possible. We are going to suck for multiple years. We are going to have cap space for multiple years. We may as well put it to good use, so when the Sedins leave we have a plethora of young players who are able to step in and fill their shoes. Dahlen, Boeser, and Goldobin are nice, but in no way a lock to help this team going forward. They could just be the first wave of young players trying out to be impactful players for this team .... if management play their cards right.

This is true in a general sense. But Lack specifically, seems like a poor fit for this type of move.

If you bring him back, he's not good enough to form a reliable tandem with Markstrom in the NHL. No matter what you do, you're just going to end up re-opening old wounds for the segments of the fanbase who had such a hard time when they traded away "fun guy Eddie" in the first place.

If you try to play him in the NHL, it's going to go badly and you're going to end up bringing Demko into the picture...which is very bad.

If you try to bury Lack in the minors...you're going to end up with him "stealing" starts away from Demko down there, which is very bad.

Goaltending tricycles don't work, so you can't bury Lack in the NHL.

If you buy Lack out, you're still going to have all the Eddie fans bring out their pitchforks for a 2nd go 'round.

Trying to make moves like that to recapitalize "bad team cap space" into draft picks is generally smart. But do it with players who don't come with a bunch of history and baggage here. Bringing Lack back when he's not good enough is just intentionally detonating a PR stink bomb in your own kitchen. That's not smart at all.

Trying to swing something like that with a guy like Niemi/Lehtonen? Count me in.

Trying to swing that with a guy like Lack or Garrison? Heck no. That's just inviting problems.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad