Proposal: Bring Lack Back

jonnygf40

Oct 23, 2009
To Van: Lack and a 3rd round pick

To Car: 7th round pick

Logic ... Carolina just signed Darling to a 4 year contract. They already have Ward and Lack signed for next year. And the Hurricanes have three 2nd round picks and two 3rd round picks in next years draft. They could easily part with a 3rd rounder to unload Lack from the books.
Vancouver is in need of a backup goalie. They could bring a familiar face back, along with an extra pick. If Lack doesn't work out with the big club, Vancouver could swap him with Bachman in Utica.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
No thanks. Sadly ditching Lack is probably one of Bennings better reads.

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
I was a believer in Lack but at this stage, he's not worth a $2.75 mm salary.

I'd make the deal outlined because of the upgrade in draft pick but consider it trade Carolina would never make. They'd waive him and send him to the minors before they'd give up a pick to get rid of his salary.

Lack could bounce back after getting away from the Carolina goalie coach (and head coach) but it's far from a sure thing and there rate to be safer, cheaper options in the July free agent market. Otoh, before the insanity of Carolina trying to change Lack's basic style he was tracking as a marginal starter/good backup.

Lack was never an athletic, come forward to challenge the shooter type of goalie. He had to rely on positioning and his butterfly style of staying back in the net. It's mind-boggling that Carolina tried to turn him into something that didn't suit him at all.

I'm not at all confident that he can resurrect his career.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Part of me says **** it, why not. He's signed for only one more year at $2.75M, it would help ensure Markstrom gets more starts, and we'd get a likable personality back on the team. Also, free draft pick.

On the other hand, Melanson is gone and Carolina did a good job screwing up how Lack plays in net, so getting him to play decently again won't be an easy feat.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Part of me says **** it, why not. He's signed for only one more year at $2.75M, it would help ensure Markstrom gets more starts, and we'd get a likable personality back on the team. Also, free draft pick.

On the other hand, Melanson is gone and Carolina did a good job screwing up how Lack plays in net, so getting him to play decently again won't be an easy feat.

Melanson is still "around". I think a familiar environment and working within a Clouts can get him back to being a good backup goalie.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Sure, he'd be great for the tank next year. And we get a 3rd round pick out of it.

The guy has been terrible in Carolina, and in only 1 out of his 4 seasons was he actually putting up "starter worthy" numbers.

Markstrom would probably love it, basically gives him the starting gig and he gets back a bff.

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
I want as many picks for cap dumps (1 and 2 year deals) as possible.

We need a backup goalie: Dallas, Carolina and NYI have goalie contracts to dump. Make it happen.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I want as many picks for cap dumps (1 and 2 year deals) as possible.

We need a backup goalie: Dallas, Carolina and NYI have goalie contracts to dump. Make it happen.
Maybe I'm mistaken, but aren't we miraculously right up against the cap or something, despite having a terrible team?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad