Bring Back ties! Habs lose 3-2 SO

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
Question: was PK hurting more than he let on after taking that shot to the arm? When he skated off I immediately had the dread thought that he'd broken his wrist or forearm. Fortunately not the case. Could that have impacted his icetime late in the game? Did he get it frozen and have it wear off perhaps?
Could be. Could be not. We don't know because not a single member of MTL sports media present at the press conf had balls to ask questions about PK.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I like George Parros but he is in no way helping the Habs. He is brutal as a hockey player. I can't wait for Moen and Prust to return

Yeah so when they get back, moen and prust can go against real heavyweights like orr, mclaren and bournival and we get waxed like last year. Prust was already taking a back seat at the start of the year, and I doubt that he goes his first game back.

Putting any of this on parros is completely misguided. When we get the middleweights back we have the choice to sit parros in the pressbox, but when we get back to playing teams in our division who do have real legit heavies having parros is worth his weight in gold.

As for last night, losing sucks but I thought we played a pretty good game against one of the best teams in the west. Both teams got opportunistic goals off of errors ( the blues first and bournivals), the tying goal for the blues when off stewart's behind and price made the saves he had to and we lost in the shootout.

24 hours ago if you said we get a point against the blues most people would have been ecstatic.

The team has some problems that are getting worked out, we are not going to repeat last year and win the division. We are at best a 6-7-8 kind of team right now.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Parros sucks and is a useless sideshow. He's made 0 impact. He's -4 in 4 games and the habs haven't won a single game with him in the lineup. Therrien is forced to roll three lines when he plays because he can't take a regular shift.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Parros sucks and is a useless sideshow. He's made 0 impact. He's -4 in 4 games and the habs haven't won a single game with him in the lineup. Therrien is forced to roll three lines when he plays because he can't take a regular shift.

He's not been great but he isnt the root of the teams problems. if you want to go back to having the smallest line up in the league with no one to protect them, Im not going on that trip without kicking and screaming. Ive seen where this path leads.

Parros is not a replacement for prust or moen ( both of whom are out), I'd love to have both of those guys back right now but I'd like a unicorn that poops diamonds as well. if we dont dress parros against the blues, who is out toughest player on the ice ? White ?

The " he should have waited to fight because he cost us a goal on that fluke" argument does not carry much weight with me.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
So Jelly of the size, speed, skills and toughness of the Blues! We are far and away from this.

Domenic

Jan 13, 2007
Calgary, AB
First, there is no obsession. You just don't play Diaz Gorges and Markov more than you're Norris winner. It's really not that freaking hard to understand. And the less you play PK, the less chances you give your team to win.
I have no idea how your words seem logical to you.
Pietrangelo is the guy that will be going to the POs on a contender team, yet he's the one that should be overused to the point of being abused by the team he reaches the POs? Meanwhile the team that needs to rely on their best players more should play them less??? :huh: What is wrong with your brain?

Are Diaz and Gorges playing more minutes per game than PK? Pietrangelo, Keith, Doughty - all these guys played as much, or less, than PK is now when their teams weren't contending.

Do you honestly think that playing PK 28-29 minutes a game is the difference between us being mediocre and us going deep in the playoffs? This team is FAR from being a contender, and I don't see the point in abusing someone's minutes before we're actually ready to go to war. The Habs are in phase 1 of a long marathon.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Are Diaz and Gorges playing more minutes per game than PK? Pietrangelo, Keith, Doughty - all these guys played as much, or less, than PK is now when their teams weren't contending.

Do you honestly think that playing PK 28-29 minutes a game is the difference between us being mediocre and us going deep in the playoffs? This team is FAR from being a contender, and I don't see the point in abusing someone's minutes before we're actually ready to go to war. The Habs are in phase 1 of a long marathon.

What kind of argument is this?

PK is better than Gorges and Diaz and especially Bouillon. There's absolutely no reason for PK to play less than those guys at even strength and PK. Bouillon, our 6th defenseman, plays on more situations than our Norris winner.

You think playing weaker player more than good player increases your chance of success? That's simple logic. Whats so hard to understand.

Nobody is saying we are contenders if Subban plays more.. stop being ridiculous.

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal
+ we just had the thoughest part of our schedule.

As for Galchenyuk looking lost, what do you guys expect? First game at center vs the most physical team in the league. Give him a few games and he will adjust.

Don't forget that Galchenyuk played center last year too

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Enough of this crap. Like really, are you hearing yourself?? Stop arguing for the sake of arguing. You play your best player the most, period. There's no discussion to have here. You play him the most, every game.
If we're going to use your dumb logic, then hey, let's play Price for half the year.
Let's give MaxPac less ice time.
Pretty stupid stuff right? Well that's coming straight from your head.

You're insisting too much on 28-30 min. People don't care about the actual minutes so long that average Dmen aren't used more than PK. We're not talking about PK playing less than Chara here, we're talking about Rafy freaking Diaz and Gorges.
Give him 25min, 26, give Bouillon less ice time. Manage your freaking team properly dammit!
Also, there's no excuse for benching PK with 5min left. None. You put a freaking 37yo barely NHL player on his off wing to replace him on top of that??? ****ing stupid ass decision. Inexcusable.

Domenic

Jan 13, 2007
Calgary, AB
PK is better than Gorges and Diaz and especially Bouillon. There's absolutely no reason for PK to play less than those guys at even strength and PK. Bouillon, our 6th defenseman, plays on more situations than our Norris winner.

Enough of this crap. Like really, are you hearing yourself?? Stop arguing for the sake of arguing. You play your best player the most, period. There's no discussion to have here. You play him the most, every game.
If we're going to use your dumb logic, then hey, let's play Price for half the year.
Let's give MaxPac less ice time.
Pretty stupid stuff right? Well that's coming straight from your head.

No one has more ES icetime per game than PK. Clearly, you guys aren't aware of that.

So what are you arguing? That PK isn't used on the PK? Really? Last time I checked, our PK was in the top 5 in the league.

And by the way, MaxPac does play less - about 16 minutes a game, which is not first line minutes.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
No one has more ES icetime per game than PK. Clearly, you guys aren't aware of that.

So what are you arguing? That PK isn't used on the PK? Really? Last time I checked, our PK was in the top 5 in the league.

And by the way, MaxPac does play less - about 16 minutes a game, which is not first line minutes.

When the game is on the line you play your best players.

And 4 on 4, you for sure play your top scorer, who also happens to be your best defender and skater.

Avengers*

this loss was a freakin disgrace. plekanec can't score if the net was empty :shakehead

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

Well this is a PGT. We're talking about this game.

So I don't know if you are aware of this but Gorges had more ES time than PK Norris Subban. And Diaz played 2 seconds left than PK at ES. Just saying.

If you think playing these guys more than PK Norris Subban will help you win more game then you're a funny guy. PK is just close to Point per game DEFENSEMAN, that just happen to win the Norris last year.. but right.. He shouldn't play more than Diaz and Gorges. You're so right.

cave troll

Oct 9, 2013
Croatia
Great effort.
Blues have a much better team and this point is good.
Great work in defence with nearly 40 blocked shots and 4 penalties killed.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
this loss was a freakin disgrace. plekanec can't score if the net was empty :shakehead

Well, he's just 2nd in goals in our team and on pace for 30 goals, which would be the highest total in his career.

Disgrace is a big word, I think most of us expected a loss and we pushed them to shootout. Plekanec could have won it for us but the puck hit the butt end of Halak's stick. What do you want.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

We're talking about yesterday. And again, it's not just ice time, it's how he's used. Not playing in the last 5minutes is Pejorative Slured. Especially when it's to replace him by a 37yo 6-7th Dman playing on his off wing. Clearly, you still can't understand that.

MaxPac played 21min yesterday.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011

You whine because Subban does not get more ice time.

Now you're whining because the Top 9 forwards are getting more ice time.

Make up your mind.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
You whine because Subban does not get more ice time.

Now you're whining because the Top 9 forwards are getting more ice time.

Make up your mind.

He probably wants PK to play more than 20 min. a game and a good 4th line capable of giving a good 8-10 min a game.

Is that too much to demand?

Domenic

Jan 13, 2007
Calgary, AB
Well this is a PGT. We're talking about this game.

So I don't know if you are aware of this but Gorges had more ES time than PK Norris Subban. And Diaz played 2 seconds left than PK at ES. Just saying.

If you think playing these guys more than PK Norris Subban will help you win more game then you're a funny guy. PK is just close to Point per game DEFENSEMAN, that just happen to win the Norris last year.. but right.. He shouldn't play more than Diaz and Gorges. You're so right.

There better be a valid reason for benching Subban in the third. I won't disagree with you on how wrong that was.

la25ecoupe

Sep 23, 2008
Parros might not make an impact on the ice but he's affecting the other team's behavior

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
So Galchenyuk is back on the wing? After 1 bad game after DD got 15 chances?:help:

Enough is enough, I'll be on the fire Therrien bandwagon soon.

Domenic

Jan 13, 2007
Calgary, AB
We're talking about yesterday. And again, it's not just ice time, it's how he's used. Not playing in the last 5minutes is Pejorative Slured. Especially when it's to replace him by a 37yo 6-7th Dman playing on his off wing. Clearly, you still can't understand that.

MaxPac played 21min yesterday.

I can't disagree with you there. Benching Subban in the third was foolish.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Was pretty sickening to see Subban try to be like everyone else and turn himself into a contorted pinata to block a shot and spring out to the dressing room in pain.

Seems to me not everyone should be a shot-blocker and there are evidently higher risks of injury associated with it. Don't know the value of leading the league in shot-blocking when you're putting into the line of fire, players who are not expendables.

Ex-player pundits say that players get extra marks from their teammates when they sacrifice their bodies in that fashion. What used to be a common practise on the PK, now has become a modus operandi whenever the team is defending at even strength.

I wonder if the Habs should not be anointing certain players to shot-block and encourage their better players to neutralize opponents with their skating, checking and stickhandling skills instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad