Bring Back the Bags

What say you?

• Total voters

Outline

May 19, 2016
Long-time lurker, I've been away in Belize for awhile so haven't been able to watch games. Was the game last night really as bad as the reactions have been? I get it, the Rangers came back with five but we still potted seven. Seems like this is a tad bit over the top.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
This team has become unbearably awful again. I cant recall the poster who did all the brown bag avatars but if they, or anyone else would like to volunteer their photoshop services, it would be much appreciated.. I am going to bag my avatar until Kenbellini gets off his ass and gets this team into the playoffs. Get into the playoffs? Bag comes off, until then, bag stays on....who is with me? I will post a poll for those who want to join me in this paper protest, or those who would oppose it......
If the bag avatar gets rid of that fugly Tkachuk avatar you were sporting, then please by all means do it.......

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Long-time lurker, I've been away in Belize for awhile so haven't been able to watch games. Was the game last night really as bad as the reactions have been? I get it, the Rangers came back with five but we still potted seven. Seems like this is a tad bit over the top.
I doubt the reaction would have been so negative had we not been sucking so bad lately, but everyone is on pins and needle as they wait for the team to implode, so entirely understandable. But I for one feel relieved we finally won a game, and hope they can build off of it. But the defensive and goaltending miscues that have killed us the last couple months continue to rear their ugly heads.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Most of the rest of the teams in the NHL are in the same boat... they string together wins and losses and go through ups and downs all season long. 20 teams all jammed in from 41 to 50 pts currently with the Oilers right in that group with 46 pts.

Am I happy with the win and 2 pts last night? Yes... because they **** on the Rags in the 1st 2 periods and built up a huge insurmountable 6 goal lead. I guess the Rags should have done something about that sooner rather than go all ape**** in the 3rd when it was too late. Rags were lucky as well on some of those goals.

Point is that the Oilers got 2 pts and the W... that's all that matters in the standings. In the playoff chase you want 2 pts and the W to get a step closer to the playoffs and that's what they got.

I don't care if it was beautiful or ugly... this isn't figure skating or ballet... the Oilers beat the Rags because they outscored them on the night and that's how hockey games are decided. If they were decided on pretty goals or best intentions then I might feel differently.

I hope they go up 6-0 in their next game and win 7-5 again... it'll be another W and another 2 pts... plus we all get to hear more *****ing/moaning/complaining/whining/crying from the doofusses about how it "wasn't a good win"... "it wasn't won in the right way" and "wasn't vs a good team"... the Rags aren't even a playoff team now so of course they aren't even a decent club... 4-5-1 in their last 10 so of course this Oilers win shouldn't even count anyway.
The problem is that it is more likely we will give up 5 the next game than score 7.

Arctic Fox

Nov 17, 2007
I voted yes but I view bag skating as a good and necessary workout (if done properly) rather than a punishment. There are also other good alternatives like running in tall grass (higher than a waistline), running in water, etc. IIRC, Tortorella used bag skating for endurance training when he coached the TBL.

Edit: I think I misunderstood the title of the thread... :(

Reactions: BlackDogg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I'll take a "bad win" over a "good loss" every day of the week.

The trouble with this line of thinking is that in Oiler history a bad win almost certainly leads to worse play down the road, the Oilers taking winning for granted, thinking its easier than it is, and developing bad habits. The Oilers have had bad habits since October and haven't put two wins together in months.

The Oilers say they learned from this game. But what do they really ever learn. I think what they learn is this is a shit org and that eventually all of them inevitably start giving up.

Reactions: BlackDogg

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Its funny watching you mock other people with half your posts only to turn around and do something equally mock worthy with this.

Reactions: harpoon

IAGTTAYM

Dec 15, 2006
The team has performed as expected, and most people still want to put the bag on?

Adjust your expectations to a more realistic one, or simply walk away.

Reactions: harpoon and guymez

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I think more people would be fine with a 7-5 victory if we weren't up by so much to start. At least if the team played 60 minutes of back and forth hockey you can say "okay, they are showing up again just ran into some hot players".

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The team has performed as expected, and most people still want to put the bag on?

Adjust your expectations to a more realistic one, or simply walk away.
They are performing as most would have expected to start the year. However, expectations change when you see how dominant the team could actually be when they all give a shit.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I voted bag, but I'm customarily against bagging a perfectly good avatar. I mean I gots Anaheim Ducks eating Draisaitl on it. I still like it.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Imagine being in the playoff hunt on January 1 and creating this thread.

Shameful. All of you.

If this was February and we were in 31st, yeah, ok, I get it.

But come on.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Shameful. All of you.

But come on.
Have you watched this club live? It sucks the life out of you. At least on the tv i can change the channel.

The team has been an embarrassment since November.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Shameful. All of you.

But come on.

I feel like we're misbehaving and being sent to our rooms.

heh

I appreciate your positivity, I do, I need to see the Oilers play well two games in a row, for 60mins, and I'll be swayed back. I need to see a miracle, my faith is ebbing.

OfCorsiDid

Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Have you watched this club live? It sucks the life out of you. At least on the tv i can change the channel.

The team has been an embarrassment since November.

Yes I have.

I also have a suggestion.

Stop watching and stop posting. If it upsets you this much, it can't be healthy.

The only thing more embarrassing than the team's recent performance is this thread.

OfCorsiDid

Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
I feel like we're misbehaving and being sent to our rooms.

heh

I appreciate your positivity, I do, I need to see the Oilers play well two games in a row, for 60mins, and I'll be swayed back. I need to see a miracle, my faith is ebbing.

That was my hope :laugh::laugh::laugh:

If we can survive 2006-2015, I have faith we can survive anything.

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
New Years 2 points coupled with the right losses was huge.

People just hoping the rags would have came back so their opinions are all proven lol....

If seen the Oilers make some pretty good comebacks over the years. Where they 6 goal deficits, no but they were against all odds.

If they current edition of the team can muster up enough maturity to bring the same work ethic and belief in each other that lead to those comebacks 2020 will be awesome .

Put the bag down IATL.

Oct 15, 2008
giphy.gif

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Some people on this board should wear plastic bags over their heads and give us all a break.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad