Bring Back the Alfie Chant?

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
no, that the Sens hfboard has the most self-hating Senator fans i've ever met...the fact that there is such vehement resistance against a simple gesture as the one I suggested is, imo , sad.

I respect that people have differing opinions, but I'm shocked at the extent that some people are so bitter towards Alfie without any of us knowing the true facts around his leaving.

I like how its more realistic. You have people praising people, you have people trashing people. It all blends into a pot of average. That's what we are.

I go to other boards and its all so positive that you'd think we were cup favorites.

You go into those places and say "uh, michalek isn't getting 25 goals this year" or "uh, bobby Ryan isn't getting 70+ points this year" and everyone attacks you because you didn't type rainbows that turn into flowers.

If zibanejad does dick all out there skating half assed, he's going to get called out on it here. I like that. More realistic and less bias than other boards. The downside to this board is the infractions. But hey, you take the good with the bad.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
I doubt Alfredsson himself will want it.

He'll always be immortalized as a great Senator, quite possibly the best Senator of all time; but to be honest doing it would be weird and awkward. Why cheer the guy if he's not anywhere close to hearing it?

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
I like how its more realistic. You have people praising people, you have people trashing people. It all blends into a pot of average. That's what we are.

I go to other boards and its all so positive that you'd think we were cup favorites.

You go into those places and say "uh, michalek isn't getting 25 goals this year" or "uh, bobby Ryan isn't getting 70+ points this year" and everyone attacks you because you didn't type rainbows that turn into flowers.

If zibanejad does dick all out there skating half assed, he's going to get called out on it here. I like that. More realistic and less bias than other boards. The downside to this board is the infractions. But hey, you take the good with the bad.

I totally get your point, I have no problem with the constructive members that call a player out when it is due, its the trolls that mention Melnyk money issues every second thread, or called out Spezza all the time...that stuff gets made tiresome when its raised in every bloody thread...

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I totally get your point, I have no problem with the constructive members that call a player out when it is due, its the trolls that mention Melnyk money issues every second thread, or called out Spezza all the time...that stuff gets made tiresome when its raised in every bloody thread...

I get what you mean, but I'd take that before the fluff you see elsewhere any day.

Tom: go sens go! Yay!
Jimmy: I heart karlsson!
Tom: ya me too! He's so good! Probably top 5 players!
Sarah: yeah! I think he's going to win another norris!
Jimmy: yeah! And pmac is going to get another jack Adams!
Billy: yeah! Hey! Here's a picture of my dog in a dog sens jersey!
Everyone: yay! We should make a dog fan contest!
Frank: do you think Ryan gets 35 goals or 40 goals this year?
Chris: easily 35. Maybe 40. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets the rocket Richard one year.

Shoot me now.

Max Power

Nov 15, 2005
Just a big fat no on this. Although I appreciate Alfi for the time he has spent here I don't get some fans obsession with him. He left the team and wanted to be a red wing, not a Sen. I don't care about the politics around it. He does not deserve to be immortalized

Please move on

Last edited:

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
Just a big fat no on this. Although I appreciate Alfi for the time he has spent here I don't get some fans obsession with him. He left the team and wanted to be a red wing, not a Sen. I don't care about the politics around it. He does not deserve to be immortalized

Please move on

i don't thinks are as black and white as that, and I don't see paying respect in the way I suggested as been akin to a candlelight vigil lol

I guess I seem to forget that Ottawa isn't the only fanbase that eats its own...see Ted Williams (Boston) for example...

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

Except theres a good chunk of people too busy complaining about bottom 6 veterans to criticize zibanijad.

Max Power

Nov 15, 2005
i don't thinks are as black and white as that, and I don't see paying respect in the way I suggested as been akin to a candlelight vigil lol

I guess I seem to forget that Ottawa isn't the only fanbase that eats its own...see Ted Williams (Boston) for example...

If ever there was a good example of the term "being too Canadian" this is it. We are far too nice and forgiving for our own good. If Alfi did not bat an eyelash about leaving and "is not worried about his legacy" then why do we.

Again I'm not saying he should be hated or disrespected, I just don't see any reason to hold him on a pedestal anymore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad