Bring Back the Alfie Chant?

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
RSU and anyone that attends games, just wondering thoughts about unburying the Alfie Chant at the 11 minute mark of each period. I think its 99.9% certain that Alfie will be retiring in the ****test way...not on his own terms so to speak. The purpose of a chant would not be to bring him back into the fold, per se, but show that the fanbase remembers and appreciates the greatest modern Senator.

Maybe it will force Management and Alfie to mend some fences, which would be a plus IMO, but if we want to show what a quality fanbase we are, this is the kinda statement we should be making. Alfie retiring in Detroit will mean nothing really, and even if Alfie isn't in the building, I think every game we should restart this tradition.

You could say I'm living in the past, but I figure, given that Alfie would otherwise just fade into the shadows in the present state of affairs, I think he is owed much more than that.

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
no, lets move on

I agree, this is totally stage 5 (Acceptance, for the record....denial is stage 1, and anger is stage 2...I looked it up in case you were wondering and had questions), the final stage of dealing with loss and grief. He'a guy that was with our team for 17 years, and captain, and owns pretty much every stat. I've accepted that his time as a player has come and gone, and now I think we should celebrate what he meant for this team all those years.

I see no difference in this then celebrating the 1994 Montreal Expos, like they did last year at the Big O.

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
Why would we cheer for a player no longer apart of this organization? Lmao just no. :shakehead

So what? to quote a good movie based on a good book:
"It's hard not to be romantic about baseball"
except strike 'baseball' for 'hockey'...

Like it or not the guy will be synonymous with the Sens for a long, long time, as he should be, why not embrace that instead of disregarding it. And if you need a motive, think what players on our team, or other teams would think about how we treat a long serving player...

Last edited:

Frodo

Nov 8, 2008
No.

Maybe the day he retires, if it coincides with a home game, then maybe.

Maybe.

Apaharn

Aug 12, 2008
Might as well start chanting Lalime at the end of the second period too while at it...

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
How about a Karlsson chant with 65 seconds left??

This won't work in the 3rd period when everyone leaves early to try to beat traffic

To answer the original post, no. He moved on, so should we. Karlsson is our captain. It can leave the wrong impression.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Lmao. Bringing back the Alfie chant would solidify us as the weakest fanbase in the league. He left us guys. Move on.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
So what? to quote a good movie based on a good book:
"It's hard not to be romantic about baseball"
except strike 'baseball' for 'hockey'...

Like it or not the guy will be synonymous with the Sens for a long, long time, as he should be, why not embrace that instead of disregarding it. And if you need a motive, think what players on our team, or other teams would think about how we treat a long serving player...

Romantic was chanting his name when he played on our team. Doing it now is creepy.

Apaharn

Aug 12, 2008
What about the other players?

Let's just start following the lead of the Bleacher Creatures in Yankee Stadium and start a roll-call of the players...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad