Proposal: Bring back Coach Q

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
We need a coach and Bannister is not it. We can debate it forever whether firing Berube was the right move (it wasn't), but what is done is done. It is time for Coach Q to return to the NHL and lead this franchise towards a new strong WINNING era of hockey.

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
Sorry but Q is currently taking the maximum blame and punishment for the Beach situation so that no one can blame the Blackhawks as an organization. Just in terms of hockey, he's a guy I'd be interested in if we were closer to contending, but it's gonna take a lot for him to get another NHL coaching gig.

Unless the Blackhawks want him back. Then the league will quickly determine he has served more than enough time and is completely reformed.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007

Maybe wait a day for this discussion…

But by and large I agree with Blueston. Don’t see why Bettman and the NHL would want to open that can of worms.

But interested to hear this interview.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Absolutely not!

Even if Gary Bettman lifted the ban on Joel Quenneville, I would not want the Blues to be the team to bring him back into the league. And there are tons of better coaches out there than a guy like this anyway.

Give me Gallant if you want an older coach. Younger coach not sure yet who I would pick.
I assume that Armstrong will want some NHL or at least AHL experience on the resume, but a young candidate exists in Denver University's David Carle, who has put together quite a resume in NCAA, and World Juniors.

He was an assistant under Jim Montgomery and took over as HC when Montgomery got hired by Dallas. Not saying he's the guy to go with but it could be an interesting route to take in hiring a young guy that is having success with players in the same age range as our prospects, and Armstrong has talked about the need to connect with the younger players of today's game.

ToniJ1960

Feb 18, 2009
We need a coach and Bannister is not it. We can debate it forever whether firing Berube was the right move (it wasn't), but what is done is done. It is time for Coach Q to return to the NHL and lead this franchise towards a new strong WINNING era of hockey.
your zipper is open we can see your nuts

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
We need a coach and Bannister is not it. We can debate it forever whether firing Berube was the right move (it wasn't), but what is done is done. It is time for Coach Q to return to the NHL and lead this franchise towards a new strong WINNING era (RIP 2019) of hockey.

Q is not how you spell Berube, ese.

And I thought some of my posts were bad, good lord dude.

Last edited:

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Q isn’t eligible to coach in league at present. Nor should he be. He has never taken any responsibility for his role in covering up sexual assault of one of his players. I don’t want anything to do with him.

I'm fine with going after a new coach. But absolutely no thank you to Coach Q. Anyone who turns a blind eye to s. assault should be blacklisted forever.
Not that I want Q back but why is he the only one taking blame and responsibility for what happened? Toews, kane, The entire Hawks franchise are all skating scott free but Q has to suffer because?

Reactions: GoldenSeal

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Sweet, bring back Q, then we can try to sign Mitchell Miller to shore up the backend while we’re at it.
Mitchell Miller is a goddamn waste and that really upsets me. Got the skills to be great and absolutely no character and integrity whatsoever.

Q is being scapegoated but then you got to think for a bit how much blood he might actually have in all of that, probably more than you’d think.

Just all wastes.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Mitchell Miller is a goddamn waste and that really upsets me. Got the skills to be great and absolutely no character and integrity whatsoever.

Q is being scapegoated but then you got to think for a bit how much blood he might actually have in all of that, probably more than you’d think.

Just all wastes.
i weep for the kids who were assaulted, not the guys whose careers were harmed because they faced consequences for bad acts. sorrynotsorry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad