Confirmed with Link: Brind'Amour named head coach

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
It's not the ones made with apps that should creep you out. At least with those, it's got the app watermark on it so it's understood that it's not real.

It's the ones on Facebook or Twitter with no attribution that are the real problem
Oh, most definitely. The wombo.ai ones are more of an uncanny valley unsettling creepy.

The thought of people making stuff like 'here is X politician saying Y terrible thing' and presenting it as real is pretty terrifying.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Oh, most definitely. The wombo.ai ones are more of an uncanny valley unsettling creepy.

The thought of people making stuff like 'here is X politician saying Y terrible thing' and presenting it as real is pretty terrifying.
Considering people already believe politicians don’t say things that they are clearly seen on tape saying now, I doubt it changes a damn thing.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Court business is going to become fun. You'll need a witness to vouch for the legitimity of the video evidence. "Yes, I was there, I saw this happen, but it was the other guy that in reality did that."

So the we didn't get the music and the reality-TV, but we got the lying media in cahoots with the state officials and this stuff.

EWBeShQXkAMjG7p.jpg:large

We've been had.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
WILD GUESS. HE WANTED OTHER MEMBERS OF THE STAFF SIGNED AND HE MIGHT HAVE SPREAD SOME OF THE MONEY AMONG THE REST OF THEM.

This is exactly what he would do. He's set for life, his staff isn't, need them all to win, especially since every team with sense will be gunning for that staff.

I wonder if Dundon is putting equity in the equation, frankly. If Brindy is the Hurricanes, why shouldn't he have a piece of them?

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Friedman reporting via twitter that the deal is done. $1.8M per for 3 years (Seravelli says not inked yet so.......)

Big bucks I know, but it looks like Coach is taking a home team discount versus going rate!
Sara Civ is saying those inside reports are wrong on the number

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Tortorella (who I think is a fair comparison) was on a $2 million deal so it's not like it's that much of a discount. Honestly, looking at some other head coach salaries, many of them seem far overpaid.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Tortorella (who I think is a fair comparison) was on a $2 million deal so it's not like it's that much of a discount. Honestly, looking at some other head coach salaries, many of them seem far overpaid.

CapFriendly has Torts at $2.5m, Paul Maurice comes in at $3m, David Quinn $2.4, Tippett $2.75.

Lot's of unknowns, but at the upper end Laviolette is getting $4.9, Vigneault $5, and Quenneville $5.25. Compared to those guys, Trotz seems like a relative bargain at $4m.

Coaches - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad