Confirmed with Link: Brind'Amour a Jack Adams Finalist

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Agreed.

I know the Norris is the most "lifetime achievement-y" of the major awards, but if there were ever an award where you'd actually want that, it'd be the Jack Adams. Similar to the "GM of the Year", Coach of the Year makes it too likely to award someone who was only tangentially related to his team's success, or just a beneficiary of a flash in the pan season.

Do we actually think Dean Evason "contributed the most to his team's success" this year out of all the coaches? Or did the Wild just have a great year?

Going off of the strict definition above, I think you're right. Trotz is probably the winner every year that the Islanders stay relevant with a roster like they have. I would also call Brind'Amour a top tier coach by this definition.

Also, you can point to several players, including Aho, Slavin, and Hamilton, on top of Brind'Amour as significant reasons behind the success of the franchise. As much as I love Barzal/Lee/Pelech/Pulock and think that they're all very good players, Trotz is basically the Isles' version of Connor McDavid. I can't truly say the same for Rod, as much as I think that he's a great leader of men and essentially a team supercaptain in coach form.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad