Briere is snakebitten

Couturier Post

Aug 10, 2011
His wrist injury obviously has not fully healed. I don't think I have ever seen him mishandle the puck as often as he has since he came back.

FlyingHigh28*

Yes, he's snakebitten. That's why he hasn't put the puck in the net for the better part of 2 regular seasons now, because he's "snakebitten".

Perhaps this summer, we could find the antivenom for that snakebite, so that all of Giroux's marvelous passes aren't going to waste...

zarley zelepukin

Oct 25, 2008
Norristown, PA
Dude's 35 years old. He looks like he's got more left in the tank but chances are he won't be matching his prime scoring years again. 3 points in 6 games is not so bad and I think his .056 shooting % is bound to go up at some point.

Bernie Parent 1974

Sep 29, 2009
Yes, he's snakebitten. That's why he hasn't put the puck in the net for the better part of 2 regular seasons now, because he's "snakebitten".

Perhaps this summer, we could find the antivenom for that snakebite, so that all of Giroux's marvelous passes aren't going to waste...

post of the night :laugh:

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
He's looked great IMO...just not getting the bounces, his luck will change if he keeps doing what he's doing.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
Didn't he score in the last game?!
He should have had 5. OK, 3, I'm reasonable.

I continue to watch him act like a gamebreaker and come away with little to show for it. Just let the record show, we are getting vintage playoff Danny right now. He looks like G more than G. Way more.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
I don't think his wrist is 100% but he is winning races to the puck going to the net and playing really well, it will come eventually, and like usually the Hobbit plays his best hockey in the playoffs

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
You are all nuts. Playing really well? Franchise player?

He looks horrible. He's turning the puck over even more than usual, blowing dozens of prime scoring chances, playing just as horribly defensively.

Giroux has blown him out of the water. I can't believe what I'm reading. If you want to find someone snakebitten THAT is Giroux. Only difference is Giroux has been all over the place, sacrificing himself defensively, winning faceoffs, and being a franchise player whiile Briere floats around the blue line and chest sniping on the other end

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
You are all nuts. Playing really well? Franchise player?

He looks horrible. He's turning the puck over even more than usual, blowing dozens of prime scoring chances, playing just as horribly defensively.

Giroux has blown him out of the water. I can't believe what I'm reading. If you want to find someone snakebitten THAT is Giroux. Only difference is Giroux has been all over the place, sacrificing himself defensively, winning faceoffs, and being a franchise player whiile Briere floats around the blue line and chest sniping on the other end

Funny I don't remember a single "chest snipes" last night or even the canes game.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Briere scores so many of his goals by his great elevation on the puck from close range... with his injured wrist it is far harder to get elevation. Thats my 2 cents.

FlyingHigh28*

I honestly thought Lindback made an excellent save on that. He's 6'6" and can cover a lot of crease when he sprawls out.

Briere had at least 1/4 of the net to aim at and he missed woefully. Briere found Lindback's leg, Lindback's leg didn't find the puck. It was a poor shot from Danny.

What we're seeing this year is classic Briere and the same thing we saw last year when the "Briere is snakebitten" threads started popping up. He's floating out there, giving no effort defensively, and he's always the first guy to look to transition into the offensive zone, and he's playing w/ Giroux, so yes he's had a good number of quality scoring chances, but he hasn't buried nearly enough of them. He's also turning the puck over at an alarming rate and he's created next to nothing for his teammates.

Please amnesty him this summer. At worst, we can do a lot better for a similar price w/ Alex Semin. At best, we could get Perry.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Looks good at times, invisible at others. He hasn't been a massive defensive liability this year compared to previous years. When you expand 5v4 PP production to a per-60 scale he's our best PP performer.

He needs to start finding the back of the net in 5v5 though.

FlyingHigh28*

Looks good at times, invisible at others. He hasn't been a massive defensive liability this year compared to previous years. When you expand 5v4 PP production to a per-60 scale he's our best PP performer.

He needs to start finding the back of the net in 5v5 though.

Does 4 v 4 work? :sarcasm:

Seriously though, a very nice move from Danny B in OT today. Hopefully he can keep some stuff like that up and find a little consistency because we need him badly this yr.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad