Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion 2019-20 Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
That was sweet move by JHS he has done that a few times now on breakaways and shootouts. I think he is over his sulking after getting sent down earlier this year. I do think he might get another shot here.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
That was sweet move by JHS he has done that a few times now on breakaways and shootouts. I think he is over his sulking after getting sent down earlier this year. I do think he might get another shot here.

It's all about his dedication to the defensive zone-if he can show the coaches something in his own zone and get stronger, he will definitely get his chance. If he only wants to dangle, he won't play under BT's watch

Reactions: YearlyLottery

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
BP pp resembles the Isles PP. That was bad.

They resemble the Isles in many ways: cant win faceoff, inability to clear D zone and unforced turnovers.

This is the 1st game I've seen them play all year and not sure if this is a normal game for the team but if it is, I cant really say a bad thing about the goaltending. Smith has been under fire all game, particularly in the 3rd

Reactions: YearlyLottery

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
They resemble the Isles in many ways: cant win faceoff, inability to clear D zone and unforced turnovers.

This is the 1st game I've seen them play all year and not sure if this is a normal game for the team but if it is, I cant really say a bad thing about the goaltending. Smith has been under fire all game, particularly in the 3rd
They haven’t played well today this isn’t their norm. This however has been smiths best game of year which they have needed. They are little banged up on defense playing mike Cornell tonight who while tough is an Echl defenseman.

Reactions: BTrotts19

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Jeremy Smith had a very strong game today. This is my 4th time seeing him and he’s been fantastic.

One of my complaints about the Sound Tigers the last 2 seasons is they have not had consistent goaltending from game to game. Jeremy Smith can get the next start and just as easily lay an egg. It’s been the same for Christopher Gibson as well. Post a shutout today, give up 5 tomorrow.

Last edited:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

Yeah I noticed that too! The face off part. Anyway Koivula almost ended it, and now the Tigers are on the PK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad